Chapter 69 No time to sleep

"Are you serious? This can kill your sister and I would highly suggest that you ask your mom to get here instead", Snape told flatly, regaining his old dull voice with a little colour. AJ shrugged because digging his claws into his sister's neck sounded pretty dangerous but what else did he have as a choice. Madam Pomfrey had tried a normal healing Potion, to try and wake Meadow but it didn't work. Meadow was still in deep slumber...
AJ was one hundred percent agreeing with Snape that it probably was the best if his mom did it but...Skyler wasn't even on the same continent. Currently, she was in Australia due to her connections in the military that needed all the help they could get.

"We don't have time Professor. An owl wouldn't reach her before dawn and I'm not sure what will happen if Meadow stays in this condition for longer than today.", AJ replied on the edge of tears. He didn't understand. Why was it only Meadow who got affected by the poison and not him? Even if Meadow was different in lots of ways in comparison to the rest of the Hale family, she shouldn't been sent into slumber. Meadow was short-breathed and she healed a lot slower than AJ. This was discovered when both AJ and Meadow broke their arm and AJ healed after a day but with his twin, it took nearly two weeks. Surely, it was a myth that certain werewolf families would end up with a offspring that didn't get the wolf gene, (almost like a squib) but the thing was that Meadow had an inner wolf. Maybe Meadow was something else than a werewolf but that didn't make sense either. AJ needed to talk with his mom later on, alone. He didn't want Meadow to hear the conversation they would have because he didn't want her to get hurt. She was missing something.

Snape felt odd...he didn't know if he was sad or disgusted. If he wasn't so stupid to have literal poison in his Potion riddle, none of this would have happened. It didn't matter if he thought that his students were smart enough to solve it. It was his fault that Meadow wouldn't wake up. He truly felt bad about it but he had to admit that he probably wouldn't be if it was someone else than Meadow. If it was another kid he wouldn't have cared a single bit but this was Meadow...the daughter of his old friend. He didn't want to say it but he had in fact grew a liking to her, as a friend ish person. It seemed as Meadow enjoyed speaking with him whenever she needed someone else to talk to and Snape almost felt that she was changing him into someone better. Someone that could be tolerable. Snape had never had a smile on his lips but somehow, Meadow had managed to cheer him. She was so kind just as her father and she didn't deserve this.

"Is it going to hurt her?", he asked lowly. AJ frowned since he didn't think that Snape had space for caring for someone else than himself but it seemed like he cared for Meadow.

"No, she wouldn't be hurt when she is asleep but it can cause a massive migraine when she wakes up", he replied with tints of a confident voice.
He knew what he had to do and he couldn't wait. Staring down at his sister, that looked so peaceful in her dreams, crushed him on the inside. Before Snape could try and speak him out from this, AJ softly turned Meadow on her side and he, later on, took out his claws. His mom had explained and taught him by showing how to do a memory manipulation and that was because you never know when you need it. The only reason why Skyler taught her children this method, was in case if someone found out about the twins and if that person would treated to expose Meadow and AJ. Skyler highly suggested and hoped that the twins would never need to do it since it can have major consequences. Not to be considered as lucky but luckily AJ was an Alpha so it was a lower risk that something would go wrong during a memory manipulation. He took a deep breath before he dug his claws into her neck and his eyes glowed red like they never had done before.
-
In Meadow's thoughts
AJ felt oddly strange. He was in his dormitories, laying down in his bed and everything around him was completely silent and he didn't see anyone close by. Softly, he got out of his bed then reached his arms high into the air. Wait...it wasn't morning and this isn't real, he suddenly realised. He had nearly forgotten where he was at this time and space. He was in his sisters' mind. Right now he needed to find her and figure out a way to wake her up. Normally when someone is in a sleeping curse, it's something that is holding the person's back from waking up, almost like a chain in a jail cell.
AJ rushed down to the common room and he was surprised when he discovered that he wasn't alone. He was here, the hair whiter than ever and the eyes were shining light and bright like a blue diamond. He was wearing the colours of the night and it really suited him well. AJ walked next to him and neither of them was amused.