Chapter 36 Well they had to find out

"Eh, hey, Meadow...I have to talk to you or more like ask you something but your reply has to be yes", AJ told completely out of breath. He had ran all the way from the Ravenclaw dormitories and all the way up to the Room Of Requirement where his sister had been hiding for a while.

"Have you ran all the way here?", she asked and he squeaked. It wasn't before now he heard how much of a British accent she had at times and it scared him a little because their mom wasn't British but due to social surroundings the twins had picked up the right destination accent or they did at least try to sound British. Their whole family was American besides from them and Jayden would usually ask if they could learn them to talk the way they do.

"You sound British", he spat out and plumped his body onto a red couch because Meadow had taken a liking towards the blue one which AJ normally would sit on.
"And yup I ran here, I'm kind of in a hurry. Operation Night River and-", AJ continued but got immediately interrupted when he mentioned the operation which was Meadow idea at first.

"How's Nyx?", she questioned with her voice howling of curiosity.

"Kind of the same as before but he told us what's going on though and that's something I guess", AJ said sighing before he began to explain the things that Nyx had told and how he reacted. AJ did especially get into detail on how terrified his friend was and that Nyx barely had the energy to do anything at all. Nyx was the strongest person that Meadow knew because even though he was feeling down, hopeless and sad he still got up from bed and attended the lessons but it wasn't a good thing. Nyx would just get more drained from energy by the classes but he refused to miss them.

"I can't believe that Nyx can get up from bed in the morning and pretend like everything is okay until school ends", she said smiling.

"Yeah it's unbelievable he's strong but what I wanted to ask you about is...", he began but needed to sneeze so he stopped mid-sentence.
"Can...have to remind this isn't a question", AJ muttered smirking. "Can Nyx spend Christmas with us and spend the holidays at our house as well", he continued soothing and Meadow didn't know what to say. It sounded like a terrific idea but would it be okay with their mom.

"It depends if Annabelle is coming for Christmas or not because if she is coming I might just stay back at the school", Meadow mumbled flatly. She didn't have a strong bond at all with her sister and they didn't get along well. They would get in each other's throats in a matter of seconds and it was always a tense setting whenever Annabelle was back home. Normally she wouldn't though because she had the luxury of having a dad and a second family which the twins didn't have available. Annabelle was the twins' half-sibling, just a one-time thing that turned into another little brat walking on the earth. Annabelle was spoiled to the core and she would always get whatever she wanted by her dad, which neither of the twins liked much. It was just odd having him around and Annabelle because they didn't exactly belong to the family but Jayden was another story...

"Nope, she's staying with her dad so Nyx can come right because I know Annabelle has a problem with people she doesn't know", he replied sighing. It was still strange to have a half-sister and he didn't know if he would get used to it.

"And do you think mom would be okay with Nyx staying for Christmas?"

"I am quite sure that mom wouldn't bother because of the situation Nyx is stuck in and it isn't healthy for anyone to live in those conditions. But I'm asking you, Meadow! Are you fine with Nyx staying over", AJ continued with a voice crack which he tried to thin out with a cough.

"You kind of want me to say no, don't you but your kindest and humbleness is screaming something else because admit it AJ you are a tiny bit jealous at Nyx", Meadow teased grinning. It was kind of her thing to joke around to make the situation seem a little bit brighter.