Chapter 53 Checkmate Folks

"You frickin like her don't you", Meadow teased and AJ crashed Meadow's black knight down with his rook and he took the knight off the chessboard.
Today was the last day before they had to go back to school and their friends were given a tour at the firehouse and the twins didn't want to come since they had seen it plenty of times before.

"No, I don't like her. Why do you think that?", he asked scratching the back of his neck and his twin grinned. Meadow realised that AJ was constantly silent whenever Luna was around and she didn't understand why before recently and that was because after they got back home for Luna's place, AJ wouldn't stop talking about how cool she was and he ended up in a minor argument with Tycho because he wanted to be the only person to say nice things about Luna.

"Look me in my eyes and tell me that you don't have a crush on her then", she muttered smirking and AJ frowned. He wasn't getting away from this situation was he now?
He sighed before he glanced into Meadow's forest-like eyes and he tried to have a serious face.

"I don't have a c-crush o-on L-Luna", he said but he failed with getting his sister to believe him although Meadow already had a hunch that was screaming that something was going on.

"What happened with Tycho may I ask?", she told giggling since she knew that her twin had an eye for two people who could manage to make his heart melt.

"Okay fine, you got me", he mouthed a snitch frustrated but he knew it was no use to hide something from Meadow.
"I don't know Med but they are both adorable, pretty and gosh I have no idea.., they are both amazing individuals and they make me smile even if I'm not talking to Luna but that is only because I don't know what to say. I don't wanna scare her away since if you haven't noticed, I'm a really awkward person at times and uh...Meadow I need your help to get a grip on things", AJ rambled and it felt so free to spill the things that have been on his mind for a while.

"I can tell you one thing and that is don't get your hopes up on Luna. She kind of gives me lesbian vibes but you know she might be a bisexual so I think you should try your luck one time if you end up liking her", Meadow explained thinking about Luna. It was something about her that fitted perfectly with her liking other girls but Meadow couldn't put her finger down on what it could be.

"Just blimey brilliant, Tycho has his eyes stuck on Nyx and now I have to worry about my sister stealing my other crush", AJ claimed and smacked one of Meadow's pawns with his queen.

"Chill a little buddy. I ain't going to steal anyone from you and besides, I don't think Luna fits with me. I just got a hunch that she will end with someone else", she announced trying her best to think of a way to win this game of chess without cheating. She didn't have a plain hunch with Luna but Nyx blinked at Meadow after Luna had apologised to AJ for him not talking much and Meadow was unsure what it meant but it was Nyx for candies sake. Who knows with that night river of mystery.

"Well at least you're getting some fish in the sea", he teased and Meadow frowned. She hated fishing since she didn't have the patience for waiting for a fish to land on the plate.

"I have no idea what you are talking about... and check!", she muttered with a yell of joy at the end. AJ's king could easily be taken by the queen in one simple sweep and he had to move his brick.

"You don't because for me it seems like you and Nyx are hitting it off good", he replied as he snickered and made Meadow's queen fall down with his bishop who was waiting patiently in a corner for something like this to happen and the patient was worth it. Meadow's mouth dropped open and she lost her smile.
"And by the way check twiny", AJ added and she face palmed herself. Her brother was a genius, how could he bet him when this was his game.
She glanced down at the board and then at the table and realised how many of her soldiers had fallen and then fastened her gaze back at the board and she realised something. One of her rooks was there and it was planted down at h1. AJ'S king was standing at c2 and the last two pawns she had was standing firm in front of it and the best part was. Her bishop was currently standing on d7 but if she moved it down to f6...oh she was going to do that but now she needed to move her king out of the warzone.
AJ didn't know if Meadow had a plan so he just moved his pawn up a step which was on the far right and his sister grinned wildly and it just grew bigger when she moved her bishop down to f6.