Chapter 47 Old times is far from now

23rd December

Snape had just eaten his lunch and he had passed by Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley and it looked like they were up to something but for once he didn't bother to annoy them. He simply wasn't in the mood today so he headed straight to the office and the second he opened the door he saw something strange. His office chair wasn't empty, it was quite occupied instead by a woman with wavy brown hair and sky blue eyes. She was leaning her back on the backrest and she had her feet on his desk which Snape didn't like at all but then he realised something. He knew who this was but he had never expected to see her ever again. He frowned before he closed the door behind him and cautiously walked to his desk.

"You...I didn't expect to see you here", he began in a shrill voice. "Skyler Hale wasn't it", he continued and the memories came swarming back. Atticus's girlfriend which had a habit of sneaking into Hogwarts whenever she pleased and she didn't give a damn that she didn't belong. Snape had gotten quite good along with her when they were younger and he kind of liked her company. Skyler was normally a ray of sunshine but she could turn into a tornado in a matter of seconds. When she was mad about something then it would be impossible to escape her anger but she usually didn't have a temper. Atticus truly loved her and because of that, Snape felt like he owed something to her for taking such care of his friend.

"Put aside the damn ignorance for once would you Severus Snape", Skyler claimed and Snape took a step closer before he lent into a hug but she kicked him away.
"Ay, who told you that it was okay to hug me? Missed your manners or something?", she told a little annoyed.

"I haven't seen you in about thirteen years and I haven't heard from you so I could at least get a hug", he stated and Skyler rolled her eyes.

"Nope, no hug needed and I'm sorry but I didn't know I meant that much to you", she muttered giggling.

"You don't but Atticus did", Snape retorted bitterly and she sighed. There goes the sour lemon once again.

"Yeah, he kind of meant something to me as well and why the heck do you have his books?", she asked with thunder in her tone and Snape walked over to one of the open boxes before he ran his finger down the spine of one of the diaries.

"Your children let me borrow them over the holidays and I'm truly grateful for that. It's so many old memories hidden in the context. Do you remember the time Dumbledore saw you in the hallways and he was like who the Merlin are you? The best part is that you said I'm not Merlin and then you just walked away from him.", he said a snitch too bright for Snape. He wasn't always grumpy and gloomy though, he had just lost a lot and been through more than anyone could think.

"Yeah I do remember that...anyways how are you doing after Lily's death. I know she meant much to you and I'm sad that it never worked out. I heard she has a son which none of my twins talk to a ton", Skyler added since IF Snape was going to swim into memories then add them all.

"Eh, I'm holding up like usual", he mumbled bluntly.

"You know four children at this school from the original Marauders and three of them are best friends. It feels like history repeating if you ask me", she said and Snape raised a slight eyebrow. Four? Harry Potter, Meadow and AJ was all he could name.

"Four? Isn't it just three?", Snape asked confused and it made Skyler laugh loudly.

"You don't know?", she questioned with laughter between her words. Snape shook his head since what even was so funny.
"Hyperion Astarlinx, they are in your house and you have no idea who their father is?", she continued grinning.

"Aren't they an orphan", he told and she snorted.

"Not quite even though both parents aren't in the picture at the moment or their mom never wasn't from what I have heard Nevertheless, Hyperion is the kid of good old Sirius", Skyler explained and Snape let out a breathy laugh like it was a silly joke but she looked way too serious for one.
"It's hilarious that you didn't know", she added smirking.