17

HII!

.............

The prince spent some time outside the cave inspecting the area. The forest looked calm in its own way, cold wind slipping throught the leaves, crickets making a constant faint sound. The prince breathes in the rich earthly smell of the forest. He doesn't need to worry, as he inspected the area and the cave is hidden. He just have to guard throughout the night.
Taehyung laid on the blanket when the prince stepped outside, he covers himself with the other one and within few minutes his eyes felt heavy and he drifts off to a deep slumber.
When the prince came back in he saw Taehyung's sleeping figure,  and he is happy that Taehyung is feeling secured with him and sleeping like no care of the world.
The cave was a little smelly, like that of an earthly fungus and it is cold as well, but Jungkook is greatful that he found this place.
The prince sits not too far from Taehyung, resting his back on the wall of the cave, it was cold. He hugs himself closely.
They can't risk lighting a fire, that would bring attention of the attackers.
His eyes are set on Taehyung. He keeps looking at him and unconsciously smiles.

Taehyung looks soo fragile and soft.

He is soo lost in him that he didn't notice Taehyung opening his eyes.  And Taehyung isn't surprized when he saw  the prince gazing at him, as if lost. He looks at him the same way. Jungkook is mesmerized with his eyes, for him Taehyung has the most beautiful eyes. And Taehyung always finds a hidden meaning behind the prince's gaze-- everytime,  and he really wants to know what is it  but he never dives deep, and he don't know why he is scared to dive deep.
They don't know for how long they kept looking at each other, it was their eyes that are speaking, none wanted to break the fragile moment.
It was Taehyung who notices that the prince's nose is all red due to the cold. His eyes looked tired too.
They just have a single set of blankets and Jungkook gave them to Taehyung. And he himself is just sitting in the cold.

Taehyung pouts. And the prince's lips curved into a smile . He raises his eyebrows softly at Taehyung, questioning him of his audden mood change. Taehyung slightly nods, gesturing him to come close. And the prince did not get what he is gesturing to. He questions again with his eyes. Taehyung sits up winches a little. The prince already straighten up when he see him sitting up.

"It's too cold y-young prince, you must be cold-"  Jungkook shakes his head.
"It's okay Taehyung, you are hurt go back to sleep hmm?" he softly says. Taehyung shakes his head and his hair bounces at that, he takes them away from his eyes.

"I know you won't sleep, but atleast lay down--"

"But you'd feel uncomf--"
And Taehyung is already shifting at one side, making a room for him.

"Come" he says.
Jungkook is afraid that he may make Taehyung uncomfortable, but Taehyung himself is asking him to lay beside him. So, he doesn't deny anymore and walks towards him.
There was not much space on the blanket. Anyway, the prince lays down, a little space between them,  making his hand as a pillow. Taehyung frowns cutely as the prince didn't get inside the blanket. So, he himself covers Jungkook with the blanket.The prince feels the cold slowly fading with the warmth.

Taehyung was feeling sad  because the prince saved him, took care of him with soo much gentleness and concern. Still, he sat in the cold.
Jungkook on the other hand thinks that Taehyung had to face it all because he brought him with him and so what Taehyung himself insisted, he didn't knew the risks or he for sure would have denied.

"I am sorry Taehyung." the prince mumbles lightly, his eye set on the cave's ceiling. But Taehyung heard him. And a confuse frown took over his beautiful face. He was thinking of thanking the prince for all he did, he felt safe and secure with him and here the prince apologizing, had him confused.