49

HII

.....

Taehyung woke up early, very early. In fact he was not able to sleep last night thinking about the scarf. He freshen up, puts the scarf in his sling bag and leaves his house.

He impatiently keeps knocking on the door of Jimin's house. Jimin groans and opens his door, his scarf hanging on his face, Taehyung hastily gets in.

"Chim I need you to tell me about this." he fishes out his scarf quickly and shoves it to Jimin's face. Jimin pushes his hand away.

"Take a breath first and let me clearly open my eyes." Jimin sleepily says.

Jimin goes to his room and Taehyung follows him, sits on his bed. Jimin came back from the washroom and sits beside him

"What do you want to know?" Jimin says.

"Why is my name written here?"
He points at the words. Jimin smiles, his teeth showing.

"I knew you haven't looked at it clearly--" Taehyung intrrupts him.

"It slipped from my mind, now tell me." he impatiently asks. Jimin gives him a smile before opening his mouth.

"As I said earlier, it is a special scarf. It was given to the prince when he turned fifteen. Actually, it is given to whoever is in line to become the future king on the coronation as a crown prince. Since, prince Jungkook is the only one in line it was given to him at an early age--"

"What does it have to --"

"Let me finish first." Jimin says and he pouts but nods.

"It is made by the highest priest of our kingdom for our kingdom's future queen. It was handed over to the prince with all the rituals and through all those rituals, the prince was given a power or more like autonomy to choose  his life partner. It's going on for ages in our kingdom, and the kings very carefully hands it to the person they want as their future partner. It's like- they- they considers themselves married to the person they gives the scarf to." Jimin explains and a gasp leaves Taehyung's mouth and he places a hand over his mouth to contain the shock.

"W-what if the other person don't want it?" Taehyung asks his eyes on the scarf, caressing it. He still can't believe the prince gave him the scarf .

"You don't want it?" Jimin replies his question with a question. And Taehyung refuses to look at him, he stays silent.

"It's not about me wanting it, it's more about I-I can't, I-I am not someone who is supposed to receive it. Prince Jungkook haven't think it through before giving it to me." Taehyung replies but fists the scarf tightly as if he want to keep it. Jimin softly smiles.

"Trust me, Tae. He have- he must have thought a lot, do you think prince Jungkook is someone who takes a rash decision?" Jimin asks.

"He won't but maybe this time he just didn't use his mind and just-- I-I can't keep it Chim. I'll give it back." Taehyung hastily says and puts the scarf in his bag gets up to leave. But Jimin holds his hand, stops him.

"This isn't a joke, Tae. It may sound dumb or superstitious or whatever but the scarf isn't just a normal piece of cloth, it's interwoven with rituals in it and the moment the prince gave it to you, it is believed that both of you are partners in front of God and the prince can't marry someone else. He chose you, he would never disrespect the rituals, Taehyung, if he didn't mean it he would've never gave it to you." Jimin calmly says but Taehyung has other plans.

"I don't believe in all those things and I doubt prince Jungkook believe in all this things as well and even if I does or he does, it was given to me without my consent, so I can't accept it." Taehyung replies and Jimin leaves his hand.