45 [M]

HII!

........

"Prince Jungkook felt something odd when Border chief Jung's first letter arrived. So, he already sent Eunwoo to get some information himself. Chief Jung Hoseok said he never wrote such a letter and tht everything was undercontrol at the borders." Namjoon explains.

"So you all knew about it." the king asks, he was not angry that he's been not informed.

"We were not sure, that's why we din't tell you anything." Namjoon says.

"We wanted to see what they planned on doing." Yoongi says.

"Therefore, we stayed at the cottage just few kilometers from the palace and acted like we went to the borders." Yoongi calmly explains.

"Namjoon-shii knew about it and even alerted the guards. " Jongin says.

"It was all an act to surrender?" the kings asks raising his eyebrows. The others nods.

"To know who is behind it all and also king Lee's death was a secret, his own son got him killed. No one knew about it. The people of the kingdom had no idea that their present king is behind his death." Yoongi smirks sarcastically, shakes is head.

"Jae Joong was waiting at the borders with the Chois'. He planned on attacking the prince there but his strategy failed and we failed to anticipate that he might have had an alternate plan on kill-killing our p-prince---" Jongin stops.

"Prince Jungkook had it all planned, he knew it would be Lees' but he wants to make it all clear. It-It was just--" Namjoon stutters.

"W-we failed just a little to secure the perimeter and that assassin sneaked in and released that arrow." Namjoon guiltly says.

The palace was silent, so silent. The injured were taken care of but their prince was in critical condition. Everyone's heart broke when they saw their queen crying her eyes out.

Worst could have happened if the prince too fell for the dirty trick the Lees' played but prince Jungkook saved the king and the queen and even himself.

"The arrowhead had poison on it but was removed in time. He was out of danger, but right now we just have to wait for the young prince to wake up." said the palace doctor that day but it's been two days and the prince hasn't opened his eyes yet.

As for Taehyung, he is only able to see him from far. The queen don't let anyone touch him or get near him. She is the one who's taking care of him, feeding him the medicines and the liquid food, cleaning him. Taehyung stands there just as a helper. Even during nights the queen is beside her son.

Jungkook isn't waking up, even the doctors said they can't do anything, but to wait.

Seokjin can't work since he's injured, he was allowed to see the prince. And Seokjin was the only one the queen allowed to go near him.

"Hyung, I-I want to see him." Taehyung mumbles and Seokjin understands what does he mean by that. Taehyung wants to go near him, see him up close and it's too frustrating that he can see him from far but can't go near him.

So, Seokjin asks the queen to take rest, the following night saying he'll be watching the prince. And Taehyung finally got the privacy he needed with the prince.

The arrow hit him on the shoulder, it didn't pierced too deep but the poison on it was deadly. His shoulder was bandaged.

The room was silent, dimly lit, the windows are closed, Taehyung sits beside the bed on the chair. Slow and reluctantly Taehyung holds Jungkook's hand, Jungkook looks at peace, his chest heaving up and down calmly, he looks fine but is not waking up. Taehyung takes his hand out of the blanket and brings the prince's hand near his cheek and cups it, it felt warm, Taehyung closes his eyes. It felt serene, and a relaxing feeling seeps through him at the mere touch of the prince. He don't know when his lips touched the prince's palm, he place a soft kiss there.