79

HII!

.........

"I'd rather show you than speak about it," Jungkook says.

"Will you come with me?" He asks and Taehyung nods, wanting to know the reason, and his curiosity increases when he sees the faint, shiny glint in Jungkook's eyes.

Jungkook extends his hand and Taehyung hops on the horse, holding Jungkook's torso. Taehyung places his head against his back, hugging him tightly. Jungkook commands the horse and they are off to the palace. The guard bows and opens the gate and Jungkook rides further in, halting once inside. He gets off and helps Taehyung.

They walk through the corridors hand in hand. Jungkook is walking in the front leading the way, Taehyung looks at their hands and smiles, they fit perfectly.

Jungkook takes the turn towards the maids' quarters walking further inside. Taehyung bumps his back when Jungkook stops. Taehyung looks up, sheepishly. Jungkook wraps his hand around his waist bringing him beside him. Taehyung sees the same maid standing in front of them. She smiles and bows.

"Greetings, Young prince. Greetings, his highness!" She greets them and Taehyung isn't used to being greeted like that. He politely bows back smiling a little.

"She isn't asleep, Young prince." She informs with a sweet smile.

"That's good." Jungkook sounds nervous.

"You know she doesn't sleep without seeing you." The maid says. Taehyung gets even more curious. Jungkook looks at him, eyes unsure, Taehyung gives him an assuring smile and nods. Jungkook takes a deep breath and gestures to the maid to lead the way. She bows and walks forward, Taehyung latches himself on Jungkook's arm, and a strange feeling bubbles inside him. The maid opens the door to a room.

Taehyung can hear the giggles of a baby and the soft sound of bells. Taehyung slowly leaves Jungkook's arm and steps inside the room. His breath hitches when he sees a baby inside the cradle, hands playing with the bells that hung just above her head, soft giggles leaving her mouth. A maid that's standing beside her cradle picks her up and sits her on the mat.

Taehyung can't take his eyes off of the baby, and his face lights up when the baby looks at him.

Taehyung can't help but bend and pick her up.

"S-she might cry--" the maid stops when Jungkook gestures to her. Taehyung is overwhelmed. She is so tiny and soft. The baby keeps looking at Taehyung's face and suddenly she leans and places her mouth on Taehyung's cheek and leans back looks at Taehyung's face and does it again. She then giggles wiggling happily in his arms. Taehyung turned around and faces Jungkook smiling widely at him.

"She likes you." Jungkook mumbles softly.

"Kook she's so small," Taehyung says, the baby now nuzzled Taehyung's neck muttering something indecipherable there. He nods.