72

HII!

.....

Lee JaeJoong hears a low sound of someone fighting at the main gate, it's a voice of a woman. He slides the curtains to see who it was.

"Who's there?" Jiwon asks. Lee JaeJoong slyly smiles.

"Joohyun." He says, putting down the taecup, exiting the room. Jiwon rolls her eyes not even bothering to look outside the window.

"Just let me meet the king once!" Joohyun was trying to enter the gates, but the guards won't budge.

"We were strictly told not to let anyone in the palace!" The guard replies, pushing her away.

"What's going on!?" Lee JaeJoong utters in a loud voice. The guards immediately makes way for him, bowing.

"His majesty, she's trying to enter without a permit." The guard replies. Lee's eyes were set on Joohyun who's looking at him unwavering.

"Come in!" He says, Joohyun drops a look at the guard and scoffs and follows Lee JaeJoong. Once inside the palace, JaeJoong turns around. Joohyun fidgets with her fingers and looks at him. JaeJoong waits for her to start speaking.

"I was soo wrong-" she starts, JaeJoong frowns.

"I am sorry." She says, in a guilty tone. JaeJoong chuckles.

"I was soo wrong to think that I can forget you and live without you when it's impossible for me to do that!" She sniffles, then starts crying. JaeJoong keeps smirking. Joohyun quickly runs to him and wraps her arms around his middle hugging him.

"You are my first love and I don't think I can stay away from you!" She cries, her whole body shakes. JaeJoong still stands unaffected, hands in his pockets.

"You are back because I am a king now!" He says, making Joohyun break the hug and hold his face in her hands. She shakes her head, vigorously.

"No!No! You know how much I love you, JaeJoong! And I'll do anything to help you!" She hugs him again.

"You didn't like the treatment Jeon was providing you?" He cockily says.

"I was angry at you, you never said you love me too, I thought it's just me who loves you but when I thought about it, y-you said that you will make me your queen and if you didn't love me you could have never said that!" She finishes, smiling beautifully at him.

"I told you that so that I'll get some information on Jeon, did you take it too seriously?" He laughs, breaking away from the hug. Joohyun bites her lips, she hates it, she hates whatever she is doing, but she stepped here and she won't back off. She pulls on the most sad and dramatic face she can, and gathers all the fake tears she could.

"You are angry with me I know but I also know that you like me, if not soo much but just a little bit maybe." She sniffles, smiles soo innocent at the king who cares not even a bit about her.

"And I'll hold on to that hope and keep loving you--" she gets near him again, places her hand on his chest, gently grabs his collar clearing the little crease. JaeJoong observes her gestures. His inattentive front breaks and he slowly wraps his hands around her waist.

"I care about you, JaeJoong. I care about you a lot, since we were teenagers, fell in love with you the moment you held my hand when I injured my knee while playing in the garden, believed in you when your own father never did, I knew you are capable of doing something great someday, I waited for you to take over the kingdom, loved you even when you never said you loved me back--" she smoothly keeps talking, swaying Lee JaeJoong in to whatever drama she is creating. Her feelings were true before but not now. She hates being in his arms, she hates how he's caressing her skin on the waist but she'll tolerate it all for good.