24

HII

.........

"Should I tell you why?"

Taehyung nods. Jungkook gives him a sad but a very sweet smile.

"You know Lees' were hinting for my marriage  since I turned 18 and no other kingdom approched because of them, and I was kind of happy that I have to tolerate only princess Jiwon but after I rejected them father received many proposal for my marriage and I turned them down, all of them." the prince starts.

"There must be a reason?" Taehyung asks, he successfully takes his hand away from the prince's hand and clasps them on his own lap. Both missing the warmth.

"No-no reason. Taehyung, It's just I--I don't want to spend my life with someone I don't know, with someone who's tied to me by our families. Is it necessary to get married? And if it is then why can't I have a choice to marry whenever I want, to whoever I want? Why a prince must marry before the coronation and that too with a princess?" Jungkook says calmly but with a hint of hidden frustration.

"You do have a legit reason. And I am sorry because I don't have answers to your questions. If anyone else would have asked the same questions I would have answered but you are a royal and you can't break the traditions just like that. It may be disrespectful of me to say but one of the reasons that I am grateful  not being a royal is this-- I must say a royal has all the luxuries but love is the luxury that only some of them could afford." Taehyung says with a sad smile. Jungkook heard it for the first time from someone-- everyone wants to be born as a royal but Taehyung he is happy not being a royal.

"You are right on that and I too at times think about it-- about how it must feel to live freely and not as a royal. It feels like I am in chains but you know many a time I feel grateful being a royal. It may sound that I am saying it for the sake of showing sympathy or concern but I can't see people's suffering, they believe in the king and the king must respect their wishes, I want to be the king who takes care of its people as a true leader, save them from atrocities, be their protector, make everyone happy. And I do want to break traditions if they hinders  anyone's happiness. I want to do that and I want to be born as a royal in my every life if I can do that." Jungkook pours his true intentions and Taehyung was speechless, because Jungkook's eyes are soo honest.

"You would become a great ruler, Jungkook." Taehyung don't know what to say more. Jungkook looks away, he wants to rule differently from his father, he really do.

"You said you want to spend your life with someone -- who you know, who you like. Do-do you like someone?" Taehyung asks, but he suddenly feels heavy in his heart at his own question. The prince looks at him.

"I-I don't know how to find out if I like someone." Jungkook says but Taehyung didn't get the answer he wanted. So he asks again.

"You-you do have someone but you don't know if you like them?" he carefully asks, scared that he may cross the limits or the prince may not want to share his personal matters.

"I don't. But how-how do I know if I like a person?" Jungkook answers him and Taehyung smiles at him. They are friends and are having the conversation as friends.

"You don't have anyone you like. You want to marry someone you know and like--" Taehyung states few point and Jungkook keeps nodding. Then he goes on to thinking something looking at the sky

"Umm--why don't you give it a try." Taehyung suggests.

"Give what a try?" the prince gets confused.

"Kangs are coming, right? So, why don't you spend some time with the princess and see if you like her or not? If that could work then--"

"No! Taehyung what-what are you saying I-I can't--"