Remade Introduction

Hey, everyone. So I know you guys have this introduction back in the original continuity, I just wanna make some clear assessments before we move on any further.

First off, everything in the separate stories within what I like to call the Compilation of Into the Light will be merged into one story, which will be this mega project that I had in the back of my mind for some time now.

So we got the Kingdom of Highlyon, sometimes referred to as the Highling Empire. Much of the land is primarily based on the British Isles plus Normandy..

And we have both Inkadia, the Splatlands, and the Octarian Empire, sharing their land in Japan, with Inkadia having notable landmarks like Mount Nantai, the Miura Peninsula, Chiba Prefecture, and the Yamanote Line. The Hammerhead Bridge that connects Inkadia to the Splatlands is identical to the Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line, and Greater Inkopolis baring a resemblance to the ward of Shibuya in Tokyo. Just east of Inkopolis, about three and a half hours away is Calamari County, home of the Squid Sisters.

This is what my view of what our planet would look like since all of the ice had melted and we've gone extinct in this storyline. Take this with a grain of salt, since the tectonic plates are bound to change the way Earth looks.

And here we got the Japanese honorifics used in manga/anime.

-san: This is the most common honorific and is equivalent to Mr., Miss, Ms, or Mrs. It is the all-purpose honorific and can be used in any situation where politeness is required.

-sama: This is one level higher than "-san" and is used for confer great respect.

-dono: This comes from the word "tono," which means "lord." It is an even higher level than "-sama" and confers utmost respect.

-kun: This suffix is used at the end of boys' names to express familiarity and endearment. It is also used by men among friends, or when addressing someone younger or of a lower station.

-chan: This is used to express endearment, mostly towards girls. It is also used for little boys, pets, and even among lovers. It gives a sense of childish cuteness.

Bozu: This is an informal way to refer to a boy, similar to the English terms "kid" and "squirt."

Sempai/Senpai: This title suggests that the addressee is one's senior in a group or organization. It is most often used in school settings, where underclassmen refer to their upperclassmen as "sempai." It can also be used in the workplace, such as when a newer employee addresses an employee who has seniority in the company.

Kohai: This is the opposite of "sempai" and is used towards underclassmen in school or newcomers in the workplace. It connotes that the addressee is of a lower station.

Sensei: Literally meaning "one who has come before," this title is used for teachers, doctors, or masters of any profession or art.

-[blank]: This is usually forgotten in these lists, but it is perhaps the most significant difference between Japanese and English. The lack of honorific means that the speaker has permission to address the person in a very intimate way. Usually, only family, spouses, or very close friends have this kind of permission. Known as yobisute, it can be gratifying when someone who has earned the intimacy starts to call one by one's name without an honorific. But when that intimacy hasn't been earned, it can be very insulting.

So now that we got that out of the way, let's retell the story.

May 7th, 2021.