Into the Light Breakdown: Chapter 47

What's up guys, RaveDogg64 here, author of Into the Light!

And welcome to Into the Light Breakdown, a segment I cooked up to give you all a behind the scenes at the production of each chapter. They'll talk about the bits of storytelling that didn't make it into the story and I'll also drop some fun facts.

This breakdown is on my latest chapter: A Nice Vacation With A Ronin's Harem.

I'll be going over scrapped bits, stuff that didn't end up making it into the story, and also talk about the times where I had to rebuild the chapter from the ground up as I had no idea what it was going to be about.

So let's get right into it!

____________________________________________________________

THE SQUARE KING RANKED CUP

____________________________________________________________

Originally this chapter was going to be a very condensed version of the Square King Ranked Cup from the Splatoon manga, where Team Blue is going through the tournament to take on Team X-Blood.

But unfortunately, this would've ended up being a very long chapter, and one that would've taken way too long to make in order to get published. So I ended up scrapping it and looked elsewhere for ideas.

The chapter was ultimately changed to be more in line with a summer vacation vibe, and I looked to the April Fool's video that is the Splatoon Island trailer for inspiration. And while it is considered a joke, I took an interest in making it canon in my story.

____________________________________________________________

THE APPEARANCE OF NORA AND ASTRA

____________________________________________________________

Another aspect I wanted to include were these two characters; Nora and Astra.

Nora Hanazuki being the Supreme General of the Imperial Octarian Army would have some form of connection to Cap'n Cuttlefish, and same would go for her Inkling friend Astra

Nora Hanazuki being the Supreme General of the Imperial Octarian Army would have some form of connection to Cap'n Cuttlefish, and same would go for her Inkling friend Astra. But I ended up scrapping in in favor of putting in the ARH crew. And also because my good friend X-FL0W is doing something similar but having his own twists and takes on it.

Of course, I plan on using them at some point in the story. I have to figure out what to do and what is appropriate to place them. But for now, they'll have to stay in limbo.

Link to the owners of Nora and Astra; holyskywalkrs and JustADan2

____________________________________________________________

FANSERVICE WITH MINAI AND AZAZEL

____________________________________________________________

There were plenty of fanservice that I wanted to include for Minai and Azazel, hinting towards their relationship in Into the Light Classic.

One scene had Minai sleeping next to Azazel and offering him to lose his virginity, another had Azazel rub lotion on her back and Minai offering him to rub lotion on her chest. I even went to detail the sensation he felt while massaging Minai.

For both instances, they were edited out.

____________________________________________________________

LAZINESS AND NEW LORE

____________________________________________________________

All right, I have to address the main elephant in the room here. Yes, part of the reason why it took so long for this chapter to come out was that I was incredibly lazy.

But this doesn't mean I didn't want to write, no. It was more or less me trying to figure out new lore to match the current Splatoon lore provided to us by Nintendo and bringing more into the world of Into the Light while also having my own twists and takes.

As such, I have been working on so much new lore that I want to share with everyone as a way to make up for the year-long hiatus of me not making an actual chapter.

____________________________________________________________

FUN FACTS & REFERENCES

____________________________________________________________

The scene in which Azazel watched the commercial on the Good Morning Burger is a reference to an episode of the Simpsons.

If you're particularly inquisitive, you'll know that the Hope's Peak mentioned by Azazel is a reference to Hope's Peak Academy from the video game series Danganronpa.

The headcanon voice for Momiji Toyotami is based around Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan.

The fill-in perverts staring at the Squid Sisters and Aimi and Momiji; Matsuda and Motohama are named after two characters of the same name from the light novel series High School DxD.

The look of Akari Yamamoto as well as her character are based around Akali from League of Legends. Minai is based on another League of Legends character, Evelynn.

On top of being based on Evelynn and being a succubus, Minai is also based on the VTuber Silvervale.

The scene in which Azazel gets a mini-fridge out and offers soda, beer, and Hetap to the gang, on top of Minai flirting with Azazel is a reference to episode 33 of Dragon Ball Z Abridged; Cold Cuts.

The line "What we do in life echoes in eternity" that Cap'n Cuttlefish said to Luna is a reference to the movie Gladiator.

The idol group, K/DA, consisting of Aina, Minai, Luna, and Akari is a reference to a pop group of the same name in League of Legends.

____________________________________________________________

So, in conclusion, that is the best explanation on why it took so long for Chapter 47 to come out. I know it was relatively short, but I tried to condense it as much as possible.

If you guys enjoyed what I had to talk about, please leave a vote on this. Also, share Into the Light with all your friends, it really means a lot for my story to reach out to more fans. As always, I'm RaveDogg64, and I'll see you guys later.

Peace out.

Uploaded on August 25, 2023.