Chapter 2: Redemption

I just wanna address the elephant in of the room here. Yes, I said that chapter 2 will come out next week after the publish of the first chapter, and it took me almost 3 MONTHS! I apologize for the long wait time, but I promise to be more efficient in uploading in time. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and I'll see you all later.

Update: This chapter is now considered Legends and is no longer canon. Stayed tuned for Into the Light ZERØ coming soon that will retell the Highling Unification Arc in greater detail.

---

Azazel: Hey guys! Ready for some more Into the Light Remake? Just make sure that when you're reading, you turn the lights on in the room! And don't stare too close at your screen!

---

Last time on Into the Light Remake...

Azazel von Lionheart, Grand Duke of Grovia had stolen the Three Sacred Treasures from who would become our allies, the Toyotami Clan.

Biggs: We are the Royal Wings-the pride of Grovia! Must we now be thieves, sent to plunder from the weak?

Azazel von Lionheart: Enough.

Wedge: But, Lord Captain! The Toyotans offered no resistance! And still we cut them down.

This distraught would not be his last as my ancestor was relieved of duty from the Royal Wings, the air force of Highlyon later on.

Raijin: I hereby relieve you of command of the Royal Wings. You will now go to the Valley of Luxulya instead.

And while they did saly the Luxulyan Dragon, they were unaware of Raijin's true reason for sending my ancestor out there until it was too late.

Secundinia: He wished this village torched!

Mira: I HATE YOU!!!!

The little girl who survived the torching of her village, Mira Heartfilia joined the party after my ancestor protected her from Highling soldiers who wished to kill her under Raijin's orders.

Mira: My name's Mira. Mira Heartfilia.

They found that another one of my ancestors, Rosalina Bahadori had become dangerously ill and was prone to die without a sand pearl. Along the way, they met Arika, a old and wise sage who is exceptionally powerful.

Azazel von Lionheart: Your daughter?

Arika: My one and only. Deceived by some wandering bard, and whisked away to Crorenth... All because I refused to give them my blessing.

And although they made it to Crorenth, they were too late in saving Gladys, Arika's daughter who shielded her lover to save him, and that lover was Prince Abraham of Crorenth.

Gladys: Mother, please... forgive me. I was so... selfish. Abraham... I... love.. you.

After they healed Rosalina, they ventured through the Zagros Mountains where they met the grandmaster of the Xiuying monks, Xiang Song.

Xiang: You have my deepest gratitude. I am Xiang, grandmaster of the monks of Xiuying.

They made it to Xiuying where they gave the king a dire warning.

Xiang: Your Highness, I return with urgent news. The Thunder God Raijin is coming for the Eight Treasures with all the might of the Highlings behind him.

King of Xiuying: My kingdom's fate, then, is in your hands.

My ancestor fought hard to defend the kingdom of Xiuying from an attack by Raijin, but all hope was lost when he, alongside Secundinia stole the Eight Treasures.