Chapter 39: All for One, and One for All!

Azazel: Hey guys! Ready for some more Into the Light Remake? Just make sure that when you're reading, you turn the lights on in the room! And don't stare too close at your screen!

---

(Cap'n Cuttlefish's POV)

Over at the Central Station, Cap'n Cuttlefish, Agent 8, Goggles, and Hachi were observing the first thang they've acquired from the test, with curiosity as to what it could be. Just what is the fate of these four?

Cap'n Cuttlefish: So this is a thang?

Goggles: It's huge~

Hachi: Yeah!

Telephone: You are da bomb fo rizzle! You got the first thang! Find all four and you will [ERROR] the promised land. Keep on keeping on!

Cap'n Cuttlefish: So this is one of the four thangs, eh? These thangs are as weird as this place, but we gotta get out of here somehow...

Goggles: I wonder what this is~

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Indeed.

While those two were chatting, Agent 8 and Hachi were thinking to themselves.

Hachi: (Goggles is always so relaxed and carefree, but he's actually dependable in battles. Cap'n Cuttlefish is the same way... What kind of people are Inklings, anyway?)

Agent 8: (Are they...nice people?)

Goggles: Maybe it's a huge pickling stone~?

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Should we try pickling some veggies?

Hachi: Do they all like pickled vegetables?

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Right. Let's hurry up and find three more! I'm counting on you, Agents.

Hachi: We'll keep searching for the thangs!

Goggles: See you later~

Agent 8: Bye.

They waved goodbye as the train went off into the tunnel. Approaching Cap'n Cuttlefish and the Telephone was an Inkling girl, seemingly looking to get onto that train. The most recognizable part of her is the Studio Headphones she is wearing.

???: Ah, dangit! The train left!

The Cap'n turned his head to see the girl at the station, more surprised that another Inkling was here as well.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Yo, kiddo! You're...!

---

(Agent 8's POV)

On the train, Goggles, Hachi, and Agent 8 were sitting down as they were riding throughout the tunnel to get to the next test facility. Hachi wanted to ask Goggles something, so he fired away.

Hachi: Goggles, what kind of tournament did you win?

Goggles: A Turf War one!

Hachi: Turf War?

Agent 8: What's that?

Goggles: You use weapons to ink each other's territory. The side that inks the most wins! I won the championship with my team!

Hachi: Wow~ Amazing!

While they were talking, Agent 8 pulled up her CQ-80 and saw that she had been added to a chatroom that has been dubbed ♪MARINA'S CHAT★ROOM♪. Here's how the first session went down.

■Webmaster■ > DJ_Hyperfresh has joined the chatroom.
DJ_Hyperfresh > Hey.
DJ_Hyperfresh > Anyone here yet?
DJ_Hyperfresh > Helloooooooooooo?
■Webmaster■ > MC.Princess has joined the chatroom.
MC.Princess > Ayo its Pearl! aka MC Princess, aka The Baroness of Bars, aka MC Foreign Policy
DJ_Hyperfresh > ...
C.Princess > OH SNAP its Marina
DJ_Hyperfresh > Hey, Pearl...
MC.Princess > aka DJ Hyperfresh
MC.Princess > aka DJ Cold Breakfast, aka The Fuzzy Dazzler, aka DJ Catch-and-Release
■Webmaster■ > CraigCuttlefish has joined the chatroom.
MC.Princess > Bahaha! Dudes screen name is just his first and last name. Gotta love old people lol
DJ_Hyperfresh > Hi, Captain Cuttlefish! Can you see the chatroom okay on your cell phone?
CraigCuttlefish > I CAN SEE IT JUST FINE THANKS FOR ASKING
CraigCuttlefish > BUT ALL MY LETTERS ARE BIG FOR SOME REASON
MC.Princess > Hit the caps lock key, cap
DJ_Hyperfresh > It should be the button in the lower left, depending on your phone.
DJ_Hyperfresh > Btw, I was able to hack into the CQ-80, so Agent 8 should be able to see our chat logs.
CraigCuttlefish > Te$+, 1 @M cUtTleF:$h
DJ_Hyperfresh > Agent 8, we'll send you a dump of our latest chat logs every few stages. Keep an eye out!
MC.Princess > Yo cap how did you even type like that? You gotta show me.