Chapter 1: Where It All Began

And so it begins for a second, but hella revamped this time. Not in Azazel's apartment, not this time. But at the time of his ancestor, Azazel von Lionheart who would one day become Azazel the Great. As we dive deeper into the story, many secrets of the Complication of Into the Light will be unearthed and you will see familiar and new faces. Hope you guys enjoy the remade continuity, and I'll see you all later.

Update: This chapter is now considered Legends and is no longer canon. Stayed tuned for Into the Light ZERØ coming soon that will retell the Highling Unification Arc in greater detail.

---

The year was 12,021 CE, exactly 10,000 years after the humans were wiped out on Earth due to rising sea levels and incompetent politicians that doomed humanity. Much of what would become the nations of the world as of now are still ancient civilizations, looking to develop their culture based on their geography and trying not to die.

And around this ancient time, the Thunder God known as Raijin has established dominance over the Earth when he and his brother Fūjin, the Wind God were banished from the heavens after an attempted rebellion against the rest of the pantheon due to the two brothers hearing the whispers of something far more sinister.

(Disclaimer, I do not own this art as it belongs to Gianluca Rolli on ArtStation)

When Raijin had consolidated his power over Earth, he killed his own brother so he wouldn't have a fierce competition for power. Since they were banished to Earth, they were labeled as Fallen Gods and lost their immortality.

As a result of him falling from grace, Raijin took on a more demonic appearance as his divine look was forever tainted.

Far away on the British Isles, lies who knows how many Highling kingdoms, principalities, duchies, free cities, and other political bodies on Great Britain. The most notable is the Grand Duchy of Grovia which is based in Berkshire and its Grand Duke, Azazel von Lionheart who is also Lord Captain of the Royal Wings. As of now, they are on an airship as they fly throughout Northwestern Europe, and this is what that ship looks like.

 As of now, they are on an airship as they fly throughout Northwestern Europe, and this is what that ship looks like

Biggs: Lord Captain! We're nearly to the Highling Channel!

Azazel von Lionheart: So we are.

They can tell that his voice sounded a bit off.