Update on Into the Light

Hey guys. So as you know, I'm in the middle of working on the next chapters for Into the Light and Ascend from Darkness. I do have something that I wanna talk about.

When it comes to working on big projects, I can't multitask. I'm just so hyper focused on what chapter I am doing for a project at a time. So if something is bothering me or something is distracting me, I have to completely drop what I was doing and either fix the issue that was bugging the crap out of me or address it, before going back to what I was doing before.

Video gaming is obviously one thing that distracts me a lot, but it's also my way of dealing with the amount of stress that has been going on in my life. Yet at the same time, I want to address that video games helped changed who I am for the better. And I know this is gonna sound really cheesy, but bear with me for a moment. Let me tell you guys a story.

So it was around 2008 when my mother bought me my very on Game Boy Advanced.

(This isn't the exact one I own, but it looked like this)

I was no stranger to video games at the time. My parents played games like World of Warcraft and PlanetSide that I got introduced to MMO games. Around that time, I was playing games like Pokémon LeafGreen and Pokémon Emerald because that is what my uncle had when I was growing up.

When we got a Wii for the family cause my family was living with my grandparents at the time, I was introduced to games like Mario Kart Wii and World at War. My experience with the first CoD game I ever played was...bad. It's already bad enough that I was young and had no idea with I was doing, and this was only made worse with motion controls.

Like...why does World at War exist for the Wii? Please grant me the sweet release of death.

Anyway, back on topic. There were a few other games that I played in my life, some of which I don't even remember, with the most notable one being Kingdom Hearts on my uncle's PS2. But what really changed my life is when I got my own PS3 and played games like Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2. Being able to play online is why I got so hooked on gaming and how it increased my creativity. It's how I saw more gaming videos, it's also how I ended up making friends with people I never would've had the chance to in the real world, and it's mainly how I'm able to sit here and make stories for you guys as I expand my vision for what I want to do next. I cannot be more grateful for the opportunities that video games have given me over the years.

This is why I like gaming as a whole. The sheer amount of hours, days, even months of time shit talking noobs on multiplayer games, meeting new people and making new friends, and sitting hours in a call talking about life and laughing so much that you forgot that you got on to play a video game in the first place.

Regardless of what platform you guys play on, video games are fun as hell, they can be competitive as hell, they provided distractions from the stresses of life, they created so many jobs that we never thought would've existed two decades ago, and they can introduce you to many friends that you never would've had a chance at befriending in real life.

Now what was I talking about? Oh yeah, the part on why it is taking so long for a chapter to be released.

At this point in my hobby as a content creator, I'm basically saying "fuck it" and popping up ideas, creating my own lore, and making chapters no matter how long it took me. As a content creator, the best feeling when you put your heart and soul into something that you love is when people fall in love with it and this helped open a new chapter in my journey as a content creator.

As you guys may have heard in my recent announcement, I brought back my old story that I've rebranded as Into the Light Classic. Now you guys can read the original at any time you want. Think of the original and modern stories as two separate timelines if you will.

You guys may be wondering, what is gonna replace the Girls' Frontline chapters that I previously uploaded before deleting them? For that, I'm gonna be diving into Azur Lane, you may have heard of it. I got introduced to that game by my homeboy X-FL0W who might as well have sold his soul to the gacha devil.

Expect brand new characters to be coming soon, and who knows, we might see new allies coming soon for the Agents and old friends that Azazel knew. Also, in the comments, you will see a link to my recent deviation on DeviantArt, so be sure to go check it out.

That's all I gotta say. And as always, I'm RaveDogg, and I'll see you in the next chapter. Peace out.