Chapter 84

Changbin was freaking out and having a panic attack at 2am in the middle of the night.

Two minutes ago he was laying with Felix in their bed, but when he realized he wasn't going to be able to stay still, he got up and went into the living room so he wouldn't wake up the younger.

There were only a few hours until he would propose, less than 24. He was panicking for no reason; he still had time and Felix loved him, so he had nothing to worry about, yet here he was, freaking himself out.

Running in circles as well as back and forth, he kept telling himself things, making proposing sound more like a nightmare than something beautiful and amazing.

"What if he cries because he doesn't want to?"

"What if I destroy our relationship with this?"

"What if I get rejected?"

"What if my friends laugh at me after getting rejected?"

"What if the lights don't look the way I imagined them"

"What if Felix realizes what's going on and I fail to surprise him"

"What if he wants our relationship to stay like this and not go further yet?"

"God what if he doesn't even like the rings I got us"

Changbin was making himself crazy. That much, that he forgot how Felix had asked him about being together forever and even having kids.

He was just scared Felix had changed his mind and marriage wasn't something he's concedering anymore. But at the same time, the boy also sounded pretty suspicious everytime he started asking things, like he wanted to propose too.

Changbin was so lost, not knowing whether to feel nervous or not and in the end, he chose to be nervous and freak the hell out.

"Wait the rings. THE RINGS ARE THEY STILL THERE???!!" He whisper-yelled, instantly running off to the closet they had at the entrance of their house.

They kept their shoes there and for Changbin, it was the perfect place to hide the rings. He just placed the small red box into one of his shoes.

Once he got there, he opened the closet and looked through the shoe he had placed the box into.

And it wasn't there.

The box wasn't there.

Changbin lost it. He now fully freaked out, moving his hands through his hair as his breathing got faster.

The rings weren't where they're supposed to be. They cost him a lot of money and there was no way he could afford to buy them again, especially not in such a short period of time before he would propose. It wasn't even possible to get the exact same ones since he customized a few of the elements to fit their aesthetic.

That wasn't even the biggest problem. If they weren't there, then someone must've taken them, they can't just open the closet and run away themselves.

"No.. did Felix find them?" Changbin lowly mumbled to himself, almost tearing up as the feeling of failure started taking over him.

Did he fail to successfully propose?

No he didn't.

Two minutes after his breakdown, he decided to take a look at the pair of shoes to the right of the one he had just taken a look at.

And there he found the box.

"I hate you Changbin" he again whisper-yelled to himself, sighing in relief as he let himself fall to the ground, laying on his back with the box in his hand.