Chapter twenty three

Tw: Manipulation.
————————————————————————

"So why did you want to speak with me?" You asked Todoroki when Izuku was fully out of sight.

The boy shifted uncomfortably in his spot before glaring at you.

"I know you are hiding something." He spoke up.

You shrugged, your head shaking a little as you did. "I think we all have our secrets."

He shook his head. "No yours is something dark. You are working with someone out of the hero society, aren't you?"

Obviously this boy knew more than you thought he would. But that didn't mean you would let it get to you and get caught by a student.

You could easily manipulate your way out of this.

"Do you have any proof of this theory?" You asked, cocking up an eyebrow while looking him up and down.

"No but-" He was saying but you cut him off, knowing that would make him unsure about his thoughts.

"But nothing. This is just like Izuku would be All Might secret love child. It doesn't make any sense." You explained, your hands moving with a couple of words you said, making him more interested in what you said.

You could tell he wasn't going to give up that easily but you hadn't expected him to do that anyways.

His eyebrows were furrowed. "I saw how that villain looked at you."

"What do you mean?"

"That day of the USJ attack. You ran to save Bakugo and I heard that villain tell Nomu to stop because he saw you running. Why would he want to stop Nomu when he doesn't care who gets killed?" He explained and it surprised you.

It surprised you how he noticed every single detail. How he could focus on what happened when there was a fight going on.

You pushed your lips together, giving him the feeling as if you were considering it.

"Maybe he changed his mind?"

He shook his head in disagreement again. "No, it was more. When he saw you unconscious against that wall he was almost freaking out and I could tell he wanted to help you but he couldn't because that would blow your cover."

He really was this good at telling what someone thought but of course Shigaraki had indeed almost blown your cover by being concerned about you.

It was one of his weaknesses.

Todoroki began to speak again. "Not to mention that you were the first one to get to him and fight with him and still you left that fight without any scratches. As if he never intended to hurt you."

He had a lot of evidence against you but all of it was in his head, he had no pictures or screen material to use against you.

That meant you could still manipulate him into thinking he was the problem and not you.

"Those are all things that you think happened. It's no real proof because there is no proof of something that isn't real. It's all in your head, Todoroki." You said in a slow and soft phase.

You had learned that speaking soft and slow could let the other one feel like you were genuinely concerned about them.

If you could let him feel like you were concerned about him he would start to think that what you were saying was true.

"I'm sure of it." He assured you.

"Look, it was a traumatizing day for all of us, your mind was just playing tricks with you. I had never seen that villain before. As regards to me being the first one to get to the villain, The portal I fell in brought me to him, it wasn't my choice." You explained, your voice having a high pitch in it but still with a soft touch.