Chapter Twenty

"No."

"But Star Lorddd pleaseee." I beg.

"It's too dangerous."

"I'll continue training and you and Gamora can teach me about space travel before we go."

"Space is a dangerous place with a lot of dangerous people." He retorts.

"So is Earth but here I am!"

"Marianna if something happened to you I would blame and hate myself forever and I know Gamora would too."

"But nothing will happen if I train and I'm with the smartest and best space travelers of all time aside from Han Solo."

"Well then you should ask Han Solo to bring you." He laughs.

"Ha ha very funny dad." I say rolling my eyes.

"Hey don't call me that." He points.

"Don't make dad jokes then." I laugh.

"All dad jokes aside. In the world we live in it would be useful for me to know about space and space travel firsthand. I know you are afraid to lose me, so show me how to survive, make me stronger and smarter. That's the whole point of this training shit."

"Mcht I hate that you're right." He says resting his forehead against mine.

"I know most people do." I laugh.

"The others won't like it."

"The others will be told exactly what you were. And they won't be able to argue with those facts just like you couldn't. Plus it won't be for a bit. Not until I'm as ready as I can be so they will have plenty of time to get used to the idea." I state.

"I don't like this." Clint says shaking his head.

"So we're all going to space?" Peter (P) questions.

"You're going to love it! I can't wait to show you what me and Peter (Q) get to live." Gamora beams.

"I thought you would've been against this Gamora." Peter (Q)  says.

"Well if we're going to be training her then she's absolutely right there are all types of threats from all different types of worlds. Knowing about space travel is useful in this day of age." She defends.

"YES SEE!" I throw my arms around her.

"I still don't like it." Clint states again.

"The Avengers in space." Peter (P) says in a movie announcer voice.

"Well I'm not sure if we'd all be going there buddy. You have school and we have a planet to protect." Steve interjects.

"Well that's why we have Stephen he can just portal us back!" Peter rejoices.

"Glad to be the glorified Uber I guess." Stephen responds slightly exasperated.

"So is that a yes I'm hearing?" I say widening my eyes looking hopeful.

"I still don't like this." Clint says.

"But yes." He breathes out.

"You're going to train your ass off. People from other worlds aren't always the the nicest." He looks at Loki.

"I mean I have apologized multiple times." Loki retorts.

"I know. And you're a different man now. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen and that it can't or won't happen again."