Chapter Fifty- Eight

Warning: talks of suicide, mental illness, threats of rape, talks of nsfw

Delving deeper into the waters I sing to any sirens near.

I'm swooped into a giant hug being spun around in the water.

I let out a happy chirp when I see my childhood friend Κασσάνδρα (Cassandra). We sing with each other pressing our foreheads together reconnecting. Her husband swims up and presses his foreheads with ours greeting me.

(In siren tongue/ Greek) "Είναι όλα καλά Αναστασία?" (Is everything okay Anastasia?)

"θα είναι. Έχεις δει το δικό μου γιαγιά?" (It will be. Have you seen my grandmother?)

"Κatoikía gis." (Land dwelling.)

I quickly thank her and head to one of our shifting spots.

"Shield."

I make my way to my yaiyai and pappous' (grandmother and grandfather) house

I make my way to my yaiyai and pappous' (grandmother and grandfather) house. Greeting the friendly locals as I go. I take a deep breathe outside their door before entering to the smell of food cooking and the sound of music playing.

"Γιαγιά? Παππούς?" (Grandmother, grandfather) I call out.

"Αναστασία?! (Anastasia?!) (for the sake of my sanity I will now be typing in English but they're obviously speaking Greek unless said otherwise.)

The stout dark haired woman has a pink frilly apron on and flour all over herself. I wrap my yaiyai in a big hug and kiss the top of her head. She sings and I match her tune leaning down to press our foreheads together.

"It's been too long since I've heard that beautiful voice!" My pappoùs who is about the same height as I am with the same Green eyes as me wraps me in his arms pinching my cheeks when he pulls away.

"Come, come, I just finished cooking and you must be hungry after your travels." As if on cue my stomach rumbles and we laugh heading to the kitchen. She goes to pour me Ouzo but I shake my head.

" I don't think I should be drinking right now." She raises an eyebrow and smirks.

"Please tell me you came here to say you're pregnant." I look down and frown.

"I hurt one of my mates, one of my fiancé's." I look away from their gazes.

"You're engaged?" My yaiyai questions. I nod my head. "I proposed on a whim." I unconsciously smirk at the memory.

"I wish you would tell me about your life Ana but that's not why you're here right?" My yaiyai questions.

"I woke up from one of my nightmares and choked my fiancé until I almost killed him, and I still didn't stop. I had to be tackled off of him." My grandparents faces grow worried and they look at each other like they know something.