Chapter One Hundred

Warning: extreme violence

1 Month later
"Marianna?" I hear Peters (P) sweet voice ring throughout our room. I quickly close my eyes and pretend I'm sleeping.

"I know you're not asleep I head you crying just a few minutes ago." He says moving onto the bed rubbing my back gently. I keep my eyes closed and he sighs.

"You may be mad at us at first but I think you'll understand later. We brought Dr. Maddex here." My eyes shoot right open now. I shake my head in protest glaring angrily at him.

"You can't keep closing yourself off my love. It hurts us, it hurts me." His voice cracks as his eyes well up with tears and my face immediately softens and I pull him into my arms.

"I'm sorry." I whisper against him and he pulls away taking my face in his hands.

"Help yourself then." I nod and Dr. Maddex cautiously makes his way in. Peter nods to him and leaves the room. He takes a seat on the bed but keeps his distance.

"Your home is magnificent." He says with smile taking candies out of his bag.

"Thank you." I say softly not meeting his eyes.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I bite my lip.

"What do I say when people say that to me? Thank you? Me too? It's okay?"

"You don't have to say anything if it doesn't feel right." He answers with a shrug.

"Have you seen Xavier Elise or maybe George?" He asks.

"No, they've tried but I don't want company."

"From your mates either?"

I grind my teeth, "I know I'm selfish. Look at poor Peter. I just don't want to be around anyone. I'm not okay, and I don't know what to do. We're supposed to have a sweet baby girl and I can't look at them knowing I wasn't strong enough again. I lost her."

"You blame yourself." He says softly. I nod unable to stop my tears. He moves closer and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"It is not your fault Marianna." I shake my head wiping my tears and snot. I begin hiccuping from crying so hard and by my third hiccup I can't help but laugh a little. Laughing shouldn't feel this foreign. He looks at me kindly as my smile quickly falls, almost reading my thoughts.

"I'm not telling you to move on, you'll never move on. You're always going to feel her loss no matter what. But live for her. Go out with your friends and feel the sun on your skin, laugh with your mates, make mistakes and love with your whole heart. Don't not live because she doesn't get to." I let out a strangled noise as more tears run down my face and I can't help but hug him. I hear the door to the room open and soon he's replaced by my mates who cry with me as we hold each other.

A few weeks later
"There's banana muffins on the table when you're hungry." I say laying on the couch with Steve and Bucky as Bruce and Gamora saunter out of the room sleepily. They wake up at my words looking at me surprised but happy.

"I hope they're good it's been a while."

"Oh they're good doll." Bucky says playing with my hair. My phone rings on the coffee table and my smile slowly falls as I read who the caller it is.

"Hello Ophelia."

"Anastasia, I'd like to see you."

"We'd all like something. Sometimes you just can't get what you want." I go to hang up but stop as I hear her frantically yelling for me to wait.