Chapter Thirty- Two

I go out to the kitchen early not wanting to disturb my sleeping mates and see Clint cooking.

"Couldn't sleep either?" He jumps at my voice turning around.

"Not while we're fighting." He says sadly turning back to the food.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you the way that I did. I know you were just worried about me and trying to protect me. Just like I did for Bruce. But you can never ever speak to him that way again no matter the situation, words like that hurt more people than just him." I say the last part quieter than everything else.

He stops what he's doing and wraps me in an embrace.

"I am so sorry. Bruce is not a beast. He's got one of the biggest hearts that I've ever seen." He says sincerely holding me tightly to him.

"I love you, thank you for the apology and I hope you and Bruce can have a conversation too." I peck his lips and he returns to what he's cooking. He finishes and puts a full plate piled high with food in my hands.

"Hurry up and eat it I only made enough for us." We giggle and shovel our faces with food.

"I feel like we're parents who have to eat their food in secret so their kids aren't up their asses." I laugh with a full mouth. Clint tries to respond but only muffled noises make it out. He swallows and says, "it's just that there's so many of them. And they're all so hungry." I'm cackling now but abruptly stop as we hear shuffling around indicating someone has woken up.

"Hey breakfast! Can I have some?" Pietro asks. Me and Clint double over again.

"You can have the rest of my plate baby I'm full." I hand my plate to Pietro with a kiss.

"I'm gonna get changed and head to the bakery. It should be basically done so I just want to make sure everything is perfect."

"Okay we have a mission together today with a couple of the others." Clint informs me.

"Everyone please be safe and if you need anything I'm a phone call away." I kiss them and go to change.

I throw on a coat grab my bag and head out

I throw on a coat grab my bag and head out. When I get to my bakery I am pleased by the progress and how good everything looks. I didn't want to change anything too dramatically but definitely give it an upgrade.

"Thank you all so much! Everything looks perfect!" I thank the workers and give them each a tip and a snickerdoodle that I baked at home a few days ago. I tuck the container back into my bag and make my way to George. As soon as I see him I give him a big hug. A lot has happened since I saw him last and it's relieving to be in his cheery presence again.

"I'm sorry I haven't been by sooner. I've had a lot going on."

"Don't worry about it sweet girl! I'll always be right here at my coffee cart waiting for my favorite customer!"

"Am I really a customer if I haven't technically paid?" I laugh.

He waves me off, "you pay me with good conversation and food, what more could a man want?"

"Speaking of." I pull the container of snicker doodles out and hand him the cookies. He bites into one and groans in pleasure.

"Delicious as always my dear!" He finishes his cookie and makes my coffee just the way I like it. We stand around talking eating cookies and drinking coffee.

"I was very concerned when I heard what happened to your bakery. Those girls are bitches." I choke on my cookie and George chuckles patting my back for support.

"The things they wrote, they're not true Marianna. They don't know you." I give him a half smile.

"I tell myself that but my mind betrays me." I scoff.

"I told them that if they wanted they could see other people. I'm so scared of not being enough and having them resent me. So having people scream or write or publish or whatever the fuck they're doing things like I don't deserve them. How can I not listen when part of me already felt that way?"

"And what did they say?"

"Hard no from all of them." I can't help but smile.

"So isn't that what matters? What they're saying? At the end of the day they're choosing to be with you, you're not holding anyone captive."

"Thanks. Sometimes it's just hard to push away intrusive thoughts like that."

"Just have to try to find things that rebuttals your intrusive thoughts if you can."

We chat for a bit longer before I take my leave and head back home.

When I enter and drop my things I notice it is eerily quiet. I know a few of my mates are on a mission but there's usually someone home. I reach down and grab my knife out of my purse and start walking slowly looking around.

"Woosh!" A knife flies over my head as I duck and roll just in time. I turn to see the culprit and my eyes widen when I see Natasha with a wide grin and another knife ready to go. Someone grabs me from behind and I panic flip them over to reveal T'challa in his Black panther suit.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?!" I yell backing away from them. I back into a sturdy body, one I'm all to familiar with. I turn around and see Bucky. He doesn't say anything but he doesn't move on me either.

"Baby what's going on?!" I ask frantically. He answers me with a hard blow to the face using his metal hand. I stumble to the ground and move away from him too. I'm running out of places to go.

Loki appears in front of me with a murderous smile. Still on the ground Loki kicks me easily in the face.

"Please my loves I don't understand. I don't want to hurt you please stop tell me what's happening." Nobody answers me and they all move in surrounding me readying their weapons or powers.

If it's a fight they want, then it's a fight they'll get.