Chapter Nintey- Four

I sit on the park bench and wait for Xavier nervously. I see him and watch as he pulls out his phone, mine dings and I yell his name calling him over.

"Hey Yanis I'm glad you came." He says taking a seat.

"How have you been?" I ask not knowing how to respond.

"I've been better but I've been worse." He answers with a shrug.

"What about you."

"Same same." I awkwardly look down fidgeting with my hands.

"You're just married I'd think you'd be doing pretty good."

"We'll it wasn't how I imagined it would happen." He nods understandingly.

"I don't know what happened but I'm sorry."

"I'm also just nervous." I say trying to smoothly change the subject.

"I am too." He says weirdly reassuring.

I laugh, "I'm glad I'm not the only one."

"I just keep telling myself it's Yanis. My best friend." He smiles slightly and I return the gesture.

I stand and begin walking. He doesn't follow and I look back to see him looking dejected at his hands.

"Aren't you coming?" He looks up and smiles jumping off the bench and walking next to me. We walk in comfortable silence before he speaks.

"How's your mom?"

I shrug, "you'd have to ask her." He raises a brow.

I hesitate for a moment deciding whether or not to take this friendship step with him.

"You don't have to." He says realizing.

"No, it's.. fine. We haven't spoken in months. We got into a huge and embarrassing fight at our engagement party."

"Oh God, I remember the first time I met her. She's bat shit." I burst out laughing.

"So fucking true. She hit on you!" I laugh out and he joins me wiping at his eyes.

"As a 20 year old horny bastard to say I didn't consider it would be a bold faced lie." I punch him hard in the arm and he laughs rubbing it playfully living away from me.

"What? She's a MILF-" I cut him off poking his throat hard causing him to cough as he laughs. I stop walking to wait for him to recover. Once he joins my side again I smile.

"I'm not even sorry." He laughs rolling his eyes as my phone rings. He bites his lip already looking sad.

"Hey beautiful, how's it going?" Wandas sweet voice rings through my ear and I unconsciously smile.

"Everything's going good ." I answer.

"I'm glad." She says clearly gritting her teeth even over the phone.

"I miss you do you want Loki or Stephen to come get you?" I look at Xavier who doesn't meet my eyes just looks down at his shuffling feet.

"I miss you my love but I think I'm still going to be a little bit so I'll text you or them when I'm ready."

I hear nothing for a moment before she clears her throat, "alright, I love you." I can tell she's upset.

"Please don't be upset. I'll come home baby." I watch as Xavier still doesn't make eye contact with me.

"It's fine. Have fun. I love you. Bye." She hangs up and I look at Xavier apologetically.