Chapter [6]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

A week later

I sit on the sofa casually flipping through a pregnancy book completely bored out of my mind. Nik had been keeping me on house arrest, always having a bodyguard no matter what I do.

Agnes and Hayley walk in, glancing at Rebekah typing on a computer looking for Elijah.

Hayley falls down next to me.

Agnes gives me a look, "You should get a checkup."

I roll my eyes, "I told you Agnes, I feel great!"

She shakes her head, "You are overdue for a checkup."

I sigh closing my book, "And what am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here!"

Rebekah looks up scoffing at me, "A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours."

Agnes nods, "I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

I sit there for a few moments thinking it over, "I'll only go if Hayley comes with us."

I observe hesitation in Agnes body language, a small smile on her face.

I turn to Hayley, "Bayou-baby-doctor it is."

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Later that evening

Agnes drives Hayley and I out to some isolated clinic out in the bayou. I frown at the darkness and trees stretching for miles.

She stops the car outside a shack, the lights on inside.

I look at it skeptically, "This is the doctor's office?"

I see Agnes smile strangely, "Dr. Paige is only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorising her patients. Go! She won't bite!"

I look over at Hayley with concern, but she nods. Together we slowly walk into the clinic, despite sensing a feeling of unease.

I walk over to the bed, laying down letting Dr Paige do my ultrasound.

"Can I have a picture?" I ask softly with a smile.