Chapter [37]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I sit next to Kol.

"Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself, even my darling Danielle. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire-- our mother."

I see Kol roll his eyes.

"Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms!" Nik exclaims.

Kol leans forward to eat some of the pastries,"Well--"

Nik swoops in pullinh them of the table looking directly into Kol's eyes, "But, if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns."

Kol smirks, "If all you wanted was my allegiance against Mother Dearest, you should have said so! Save me a night shackled to the wall."

Elijah walks over to the table, standing right behind Finn.

"Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply," Elijah states.

I glance at Elijah worried, giving him a warning glance.

Nik stands up, "We've--we've no desire to torture you. Provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers."

Finn rolls his eyes, "Brothers... Does that word even apply to us? After all these centuries of betrayal? And, has loyalty to you ever rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus-- where is our sister, Rebekah?"

I stare hard at Finn.

"She was blindly loyal to you for a thousand years, and now? Nowhere to be found," Finn continues, "Where did our sister go? And, how did she escape your vile machinations?"

I sit in silence.

Nik laughing nervously turning to Finn, "Heh! You think me vile? What, then, do you make of the one who cursed us?"

Finn frowns, "She was trying to make you mortal again!"

I catch Elijah discreetly grab a knife off the table.

"And, you both refused her," he starts to laugh in a dark manner, "It only proves how far you've fallen. But, I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal."

Elijah slowly edges towards Finn, gripping the knife tightly in his hand.

"See, unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity," Finn explains, "And you Danielle, you were so full of life and yet here you are killing your own kind. Succumbing to the dangerous monster that is deep inside of you."