Chapter [29]

Hayley's PoV

Hayley's PoV

I wonder through the courtyard after a lesson of self-control with Elijah to a metallic smell floating in the air. Speeding into the direction of the scent, I spot a trail of bloody pawprints slowly morphing into human footprints. Pushing open the door with a sigh I walk into Danielle's bathroom finding blood everywhere all the while my sister relaxes in an overly bubbly bubble bath.

She looks up at me her eyes closed, "Come to check up on me?"

I roll my eyes taking a seat on the toilet lid facing her, "Looks as though you've had an eventful evening."

Her eyes flicker open, "I was having a crappy day, so Nik took me out to the Cauldron. Wouldn't you know, we ran into some witches!"

"So, would you like me to remove your leftovers?" Sarcasm filling my tone, gesturing to the several dead bodies scattered on the floor.

She laughs ignoring me climbing to her feet, her naked body on full display to me.

Growling impatiently, I throw a towel at her, my eyes roaming over the dead women on the floor the blood overwhelming.

"Oh, don't judge, Hayley! What I did is no worse than anything Nik has ever done," She explains wrapping the towel around her body.

I take a deep breathe, "I had hoped that you would hold yourself to a higher standard than Klaus."

She rolls her eyes, "Hayley, we're hybrids now, we've got a werewolf temper to go with our new appetite."

I frown, "Then learn to control it."

She scoffs, "I can't, I'm too busy thinking about those witches," Her face turns dark, "They are nothing more than food to me, after what they have done, attempting to kill my daughter."

She steps out of the tub swiftly exiting the bathroom leaving me to clean up her mess. Clenching my jaw I lift up the bodies removing them to a different location so I can properly dispose of them. I quickly mop away all the blood, throwing any bloody rags in the bin.

Storming out of the room I approach Klaus and Elijah standing on the balcony overseeing the courtyard.

"You took her on a witch hunt?" I exclaim pointing at Klaus.

He smiles at me, "I simply wanted to persuade those witches to locate the white oak stake for me. When they proved unable to do so, I let Danielle have her fun."

Elijah sighs in anger hearing this information, "She grows more savage by the day! Can you not see that she is falling apart?"

Klaus scoffs, "Perhaps the problem is your high standards? Danielle is one of us now. As is Hayley. Being a vampire only exaggerates what you truly are, and wolves are wild things. She knows she can never live up to the pretty little picture the both of you paint of her in your head. Your judgment only hurts her more."

I breathe in deeply, "I'm only trying to help her, Elijah has managed to help me adapt."

Klaus rolls his eyes.

Elijah speaks up, "I asked you to help her, brother! Why haven't you?"

Klaus turns on his foot pissed, "I am helping! You should have seen her last night! Covered in witches' blood and smiling from ear to ear! She is embracing this. A little less criticism from you and Hayley, then Danielle will be just fine."

I shake my head at his excitement at Danielle on the verge of becoming a monster.

"Niklaus! The mother of your child deserves much better than just fine!" Elijah exclaims.

Klaus glares at him.

Elijah ignores his look instructing him on what he should do, "You'll take her to the Bayou. Find any remaining wolves. Perhaps her people can reach her."

I nod, "It's true, the connection to our pack has helped me keep my humanity in check."

Klaus sighs.

"Danielle is suffering Klaus, she needs a pull back to reality otherwise she'll lose control completely. Don't you want to protect her from becoming an insane monster?" I say gently.

Klaus narrows his eyes at me, "Is that how you perceive me?"

I roll my eyes, "When I first met you, I wasn't sure what to think. But Danielle showed me that you are more than what you let everyone perceive you to be. You've had a thousand years to master control, so help her, help Danielle. We all know that she'll listen to you, you're both grieving and you both share an impenetrable bond. Don't let her drown in her emotions, and fall into a dark place."

Klaus stares obviously pondering my advice along with Elijah's.

"I'll be back soon, I'm going to locate Jackson," I explain before disappearing.

xxemsy2510xx