Chapter [86]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I groan uncomfortably attempting to sit up, a painful sting coming from my shoulder. Tilting my head I notice a large piece of wreckage embedded there.

"Urgh," I clench my jaw reaching over tugging it out.

"Cmon Nik, I thought you were better than that," I hear Lucien taunt, "Where's the fight in you, huh?"

"Crap," I roll over falling to the ground feeling wounds heal, blood dripping from my forehead.

I glance up at a barn nearby, a shovel laying on the grass in front.

I rush over lifting the object in my hand swiftly racing to Lucien smacking him hard across the face.

He falls backwards into the wall a smirk upon his face, "Ah, Danielle. So nice of you to join us."

I throw a punch, kicking him roughly in the leg. My hand slamming his head to the floor.

"You're strong," Lucien chokes, his for swooping round tripping me up, "But not strong enough."

Nik appears fighting Lucien until he's roughly tossed through the barn wall.

I grab a chain looping it round Lucien's neck choking him viscously, "You're gonna wish you never messed with us."

"Oh really," Lucien chuckles headbutting me.

I stumble back slightly dizzy.

Lucien grips hold of my arm speeding me in front of Nik who slowly stands to his feet, his face covered in blood.

I gasp in fear as Lucien plunges his first into my chest, his fingers tightly clawing at my heart.

"Oh well, a queen and a king caught by a one-time pawn," Lucien grins, "Thus the game comes to it's inevitable end."

"What are you proving by killing Danielle?" Nik growls, "It's me you hate."

Lucien rolls his eyes, "Was I not clear when I murdered Finn and Camille? I don't care who dies!"

I choke on some blood, struggling to breathe.

"But since you do, indulge me and I might just spare the mother of your child."

Nik stares into my eyes.