Chapter [40]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

"Haven't you found Finn yet?" Nik asks impatiently pacing in front of Davina who is setting a magical circle. The salt in her hand drawing out shapes of ancient runes.

Davina ignores him continuing with her spell, I take a seat on a stone step gazing at all the witchy ornaments.

"I must say, for a witch of your caliber, your spells are not particularly efficient," Nik taunts.

I roll my eyes checking my phone to see if Elijah has got back to me about how Hope is doing.

Davina scowls in frustration, "Finn is blocking my locator spell. So, I'm trying something new. But, I need to concentrate, and it would help a lot if you would stop standing over me like a stalker."

"No need to get testy, love. We both have the same goal."

Davina lights up the candles shaking her head at him, "Really? Because my goal is to get Kol out of your house alive. Which seems to be about number ten on your list."

Nik chuckles leaning as the pillar beside me, "Number nine, at least!"

I stand up annoyed, "Will you two stop bickering."

They glance at me, then at each other.

"We need to find Finn, regardless of what the reason is. He's too much of threat to all of us," I inform, "So...Nik shut up! Davina please concentrate."

Nik huffs looking away from me, silently complying.

Davina nods solemnly, "We du le mon ennemi on ton. We du le mon ennemi on ton."

She chants several times, her eyes flickering under her eyelids.

"What did you see?" I question moving forward.

"I saw glimpses of him," she murmurs, "He's combining sacred objects. Totems. Representational magic."

"Where?"

"Lafayette No. 1. The Lyonne tomb."

Nik looks at her expectantly, "And what's he using?"

Her eyes widen in shock, "He's channeling your parents!"

Nik smirks proudly, "And here I thought I was the poster-child for least grateful offspring!"