Chapter [14]

Dani's pov

Dani's pov

A week later

I sit quietly reading a book in the living room when I hear commotion coming from outside my room.

"What the hell is going on?" I growl in frustration, stumbling out of my bed out onto the balcony spotting Nik walking into the courtyard with Thierry.

He smirks to the gathering of vampires, "Dearest brethren, your attention, please. No doubt, you're all surprised to see Thierry Vanchure, who's supposed to be rotting in the Garden for the crime of killing one of our own, and I personally decided to issue him with a pardon. I hope you'll all welcome home Thierry."

Diego pulls Thierry into a hug, "Welcome home, man."

I spot Marcel murmuring to Nik who turns to the crowd, "Now, as you all know, the witch Davina is no longer with us."

I sigh taking a deep breathe thinking of the younger witch.

"Without Davina, we can no longer monitor the activity of our witch neighbors," Nik announces, "However, since their Harvest failed, their magic will soon be gone forever. Until then, I say we keep them on their toes. Diego, I wonder if you might lead a rousting in the cauldron."

Shaking my head at the potential butchering of witches walking back into my bedroom.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Stepping slowly down the stairs I come upon Elijah pacing back on forth.

"What's wrong?" I ask quietly, watching Hayley trek over to us.

"Rebekah is not answering her calls," he informs us.

"You're worried about whoever killed those daywalkers still being out there?" Hayley asks crossing her arms.

Elijah nods, "Frankly, I'm worried that she had something to do with this. She's very displeased with Niklaus, perhaps even conspiring with others."

I glance over at the table where Thierry and his friends were drinking, "Maybe we should ask someone who she has been close too."

He follows my gaze trekking over swiftly to the table.

"Thierry, is it?" He asks.

Thierry nods, "That's right."

Elijah's smiles leaning forward, "My sister is rather fond of you. Strange, she's not typically drawn to unremarkable men. Would you care to explain your sudden magnetism?"

Thierry's face turns into panic, "I don't know what you're--"

Elijah lifts Thierry up shoving him against the wall by the neck, "You can either tell me what you know, or I can distribute tiny pieces of you throughout the Quarter."

Sighing Thierry gasps, "She asked me to keep an eye out on witch stuff. I found something, and when I showed her, we were jumped by some guy. He desiccated her with his touch."

Elijah furrows his eyebrows extremely angry, "Like a coward, you left her."

"What was I supposed to do, fight some warlock that took out an Original?" Thierry asks.

"Where was this, exactly?"

"The docks, warehouse 57. I was just doing what she asked. You cannot tell Klaus about this," Thierry expresses.

Elijah ignores him snapping his neck forcefully before regaining his composure, "I shall take that into consideration."

Hayley and I look at each other.

"We're coming with you," Hayley states standing directly in front of him.

"No!" Elijah dismisses, "Stay here. The compound is safe."

I roll my eyes, "Rebekah is in trouble. We're both going with you."

Elijah pauses letting out a deep sigh, "Do not leave my sight. Either of you. Understand?"

I smile brightly holding out my hand, he gently takes it speeding Hayley and I towards the entrance of the docks.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Elijah turns the corner, my eyes glazing over a strange witchy ritual with Rebekah descicated in the centre of it.

I step forward trying to get to Rebekah's side only to be blocked by a barrier.

I glance down at the salt surrounding Rebekah, "Elijah....."

He stands next to me placing his hand to the barrier, "Rebekah!"

"Oh, what's happening?" Hayley asks in confusion joining my side.

I sigh, "It's some kind of boundary spell."

Elijah nods, "Someone is channeling her. Typically, it's a lethal process, but because she's an Original, she can't die. Instead, she's an endless source of power."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Hayley questions desperately.

"Wait a moment," Elijah lifts up his phone talking to Sophie, "You're not listening. We cannot enter the circle. There's some kind of confinement spell... If I can't remove her, we can't break the link."

He places the phone on loud speaker.

"It's a convoluted spell. It's like a witch's recipe. You can spoil the balance by adding a more potent ingredient. A mystical binding agent. I don't know, volcanic ash, rock salt... anything up to and including eye of newt," Sophie explains.

I furrow my eyebrows scrunching my eyes in confusion.

"What about the blood of a witch?" Elijah questions.

"Do you have the blood of a witch?" She implicitly answers the question.

He hangs up turning to me, "Danielle, I need a favour."

"The baby," I gasp in realisation, "She's a quarter witch."

I hold out my wrist letting Elijah delicately bite into my skin.

I wince a little droplets of blood dripping on the salt. The boundary line begins fizzling strongly the spell breaking.

Elijah rushes over to Rebekah, helping her up, her skin starting to turn back to normal.

She leans on me for support.

I smile, "Welcome back Bekah."

xxemsy2510xx