Chapter [19]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

A month later

I sit beside Hayley in the shack that Tyler kept us all those months ago.

"Hayley, did Jackson tell you?" I ask her.

"That I'm supposed to be his wife."

"Yeah," I whisper, "Are you okay?"

She shakes her head, "No, but I'll figure it out."

"I know you like Elijah, Hayley. He likes you too," I mumble.

"Yes, but how can I like someone else and be betrothed to another," she says, "Why is my life so complicated?"

I laugh, "Welcome to the club. My boyfriend is messing with the witch who kidnapped him. And I'm sat in the bayou trying to adapt to the new lifestyle."

She smiles, "Let's go see Jackson."

I nod, and we both walk outside.

We see him watching Oliver sparring with another wolf.

"Shouldn't you be out there playing Fight Club with the rest of the frat boys?" Hayley asks.

Jackson shrugs, "Nah. That's just for pecking order."

He turns to us smiling, "They already know who's the Alpha."

I roll my eyes, smiling at him.

He pulls Hayley over to where the rest of the Crescent wolves are setting the table for dinner.

"You gotta try Tucker's ribs," Jackson says.

"Then, what? Then we're gonna go play horseshoes?" She asks, sarcastically.

Jackson laughs, "Hey! Don't mock country living, darlin'."

Hayley frowns a little, "Sorry. This is just a lot more family fun than I'm used to."

I nod, "I'm used to living in a city."

He nods, "Well, maybe I can help you both get used to it."

Oliver then joins us, "Then all we got to do is just forget that they spent half their life with humans, and the other half with vampires."