Chapter [18]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

"Rebekah!" Nik yells loudly.

I hear Elijah talk to Nik, "Walk away."

"Don't move!" Nik screams out.

I hear Elijah turn to Rebekah, "Leave us now."

"I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the white oak stake," Rebekah states with shock and fear.

"I brought it for you, sister," Nik says taunting Rebekah.

Elijah turns to Rebekah, "Go! And take Danielle with you."

I walk out grabbing Rebekah's hand to Nik's surprise the two of us disappearing from his sight.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Sunrise

I step out from my hiding spot, taking the opportunity to stand up for what's right.

Nik stares at me, "What the hell are you doing here?"

I scoff, "I'm protecting Rebekah."

"From me?" Nik says laughing like a maniac.

"Yes!" I glare taking a step in front of Rebekah.

"If you want to kill her, you'll have to kill me too," I state.

"No!" Rebekah calls out tugging on my sleeve.

I roll my eyes looking back at Nik, "Tell me this isn't any different from the time I went against you. Twice might I add."

Nik gives me a look of confusion.

"So you don't remember the time Bonnie tried to kill you, I had a part in that by the way. What about when your father came back, yes you killed him but who helped Katherine and Damon find him, in that cemetery," I state.

His eyes grow dark.

"You didn't kill me, in fact you saved me. You saved my life, when everyone abandoned me and Mikael stabbed me," I tell him.

"You're right I didn't, but this is different. This time it's my sister," Nik says taking a perch up on top of a crypt.

"Let it begin. The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson," Nik bellows down to us.