Chapter [54]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I blink my eyes looking up at the ceiling of a tomb, "Huh?"

Climbing to my feet I growl angrily speeding into an invisible boundary, "What the hell am I doing here?"

I frantically look around to see Hayley and Davina.

Hayley clenches her jaw at Davina, "Why are we trapped?"

"I used magic to draw you here and to keep you a captive audience."

I shake my head attempting to walk across the salty circle beneath my feet, "Davina, I need to see my daughter."

Davina sighs, "I'm sorry, but there's something I need you to do for me first."

I feel my eyes glowing brightly, my hunger overwhelming, "Davina, let me out of here right now, or I swear I will kill you."

"You can try......" Davina smiles, "...or we could have a polite conversation."

"You magically kidnapped me on the one night that I can see my daughter. Do not talk to me about polite."

"I drew you here to help you," Davina offers a warm smile.

Hayley steps forward beside me, "Elijah asked you months ago to break the curse, and you said no."

"The regent of witches can't be seen doing favors for the Mikaelsons, but maybe we can help each other," Davina explains, "Look. I have access to the witch ancestors. I can channel the power of the one who created the spell used to curse you. You can be free, Hayley, Danielle."

I scoff, "Under your terms, I'm guessing."

Hayley looks between us, "Tell us what you want."

"There's a witch in the ninth ward who hates that I'm regent. She tried to kill me. If I retaliate, I'm starting a civil war, and I don't want to do that."

I roll my eyes, "Just tell me who you want dead."

Davina turns to her table muttering an incantation, "I've cloaked both of you. No magic will be able to track you. The witch's name is Kara Nguyen. She runs the Café Chim Lac in the Lower Ninth Ward. She'll be there before dawn."

I glance at Hayley, "We do this then I don't want to see you again."

Hayley swallows nervously.