Chapter [17]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I hold the phone to my ear walking into an apartment, "Hayley, I need to deal with Nik and Rebekah. I promise once I'm done I'll come to the bayou, to be with our pack."

"I understand Dani, " She says, "Stay safe. And don't be late."

I smile, "Of course. Now go free our pack."

I place my phone into my pocket entering a room to see Elijah and a young women hovering beside Nik's bed.

"Elijah, who's this?" I ask a little jelousy on my tongue, holding my hand out, "I'm Danielle Gilbert, Nik's girlfriend."

She smiles, "I'm Camille O'Connell but you can call me Cami."

"How do you know Nik?" I cross my arms stepping between them and Nik.

"I was his therapist, although I didn't really give him my consent to council him," she informs.

"So he compelled you," I state.

She nods, "He also helped me try to save my uncles life but that's not going so well."

"I'm sorry," I say with a frown.

"It's okay," she says, glancing at my bump, "How far along are you?"

"I'm not exactly sure, maybe six or seven months."

She smiles turning to Elijah, "What exactly am I doing here?"

"You, besides Danielle are the only people Nik wouldn't immediately slaughter. I need you to look after him," he says pointing at both of us, "You both see the light inside of him, and challenge him against his old ways."

Elijah reaches into Nik's stomach pulling out the Papa Tunde blade.

"AGH!" Nik screams in agony.

"Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. So, watch over him and feed him, if you would. But slowly, please, and from your wrist," Elijah instructs glancing at Cami.

"Don't you guys have bags of blood in storage?" She asks him.

He nods, "We do, but your blood is laced with vervain. So, it will burn him. He'll ingest it slower. Perhaps you could use the time constructively? Persuade him not to murder his baby sister."

She nods.

I watch Elijah turning to Nik, "Niklaus, it was not my desire to bring you pain, but I will not see you hurt Rebekah."