Chapter [50]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I hold tightly to my chest standing beside Hayley and Jackson in the Jazz club.

Hayley presses her phone to speaker, "Okay. Good news? Dahlia still doesn't know that we're here."

"And the bad news?" I grumble letting Hope bite my finger slightly.

"She's given us until tomorrow night, and then she's coming for Hope," Hayley sighs.

Jackson looks briefly at me before turning to Hayley, "Well, I say we get the hell out of here."

Hayley glances at me, "Look, Jack, I wanna go as much as you do, but think. Freya said that Dahlia was drawn to Hope's magic. No matter how far we go, she's still gonna be able to track us!"

"This place is spelled no one can do magic here, not Hope or Dahlia," I explain trying to ignore the looks Hayley and Jackson were giving each other.

"Sure, this place is spelled, but we've seen bigger magic than this break. I say we run while we can," Jackson suggests.

I place Hope in her play pen, handing her a soft blue bunny.

"I'm not going anywhere. It doesn't matter if we leave or not, Hope's my daughter. The risk is high regardless considering the witchcraft and magical spells."

Hayley blinks, a smile forming on her lips, "But what if she doesn't have any magic?"

I furrow my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"Dani, Jack. Dahlia could only sense Hope when she's using magic. So, what if there's a way of stopping her from doing it in the first place?"

I cross my arm biting my lip, "She's a baby, Hayley."

"I've got an idea. Although......it's dangerous. Especially now," Hayley informs.

"Let me do it," Aiden calls out, "You need to be with Hope."

"I haven't even agreed to this yet," I reach for the phone about to end the call.

Hayley places a hand on my wrist, "Think about it. It could be the only way. At least let us gather the resources we need in case."

I glance down at her grip, "I suggest you let go of my wrist, Hayley."

She releases it immediately.