Chapter [74]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I lay in between Hayley and Stefan, closely compacted in the back of Marcel's car.

I flick open my phone checking where we are.

"Are we close?" Stefan asks.

I nod closing the app, "A few more minutes."

Stefan glances at my home screen, "That's a cute kid."

I smile brightly, "Yeah. She is."

"Is she the reason you're here?"

Hayley chuckles, "What in the back of a trunk, with my sister and her friend?"

I roll my eyes, "I don't want my daughter to grow up without her father and uncle."

"Hmm. Guess that depends on the father," Stefan mutters, "I could have done without mine. If it weren't for Damon, I probably wouldn't have survived the guy."

I smile, "So, he stood up for you, and now you're risking your life for him?"

Stefan nods, "Yeah, something like that."

"You know," Hayley whispers, "I never understood the brotherly bond until I met Klaus and Elijah. They hurt each other more than anyone, but... They're vicious when it comes to each other."

"And the ones they care about?" Stefan asks.

"They'd fight until the end," I mumble with a sigh thinking about Nik.

Hayley peeks over my shoulder, "Who's on you homepage, huh? Mine is Hope and Danielle."

Stefan pulls out his phone clicking open showing a familiar face.

"Caroline," I gasp, "Did you two finally get together?"

"It's complicated."

"When is it not," I groan.

"She's part of Klaus's sireline," Hayley acknowledges, "Is she the reason why you're here?"

Stefan smirks, "In a trunk with Danielle and her sister, going into a fight we may not win? I guess we all have our reasons."

The car slowly halts, metal gates opening with voices whispering.

I look up at Stefan with worry in my eyes.