Chapter [13]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

The next morning

I walk into the living room spotting Nik and Elijah making themselves a drink.

They look up at me, Nik gesturing to join him. Gently I sit next to him, his arm entwining around my waist.

"Can I have a glass of water?" I ask Elijah politely.

He nods placing a cold glass half filled with water in front of me.

"Thank you."

I reach out for my drink about to pick it up when a loud thud makes me jump almost spilling it everywhere.

Tilting my head I glare angrily at Nik who just laughs.

He smiles, "Well, that's going well."

Elijah sighs adjusting his suit, "If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea."

"He's right. The only people Davina trusts right now are Rebekah, Hayley and I, no thanks to you poisoning Timothy," I mumble in annoyance.

Nik rolls his eyes, "Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?"

Elijah smiles sarcastically, "Give me a month. I'll get you list."

"You'll have mine by the end of the day," I growl standing up.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass," Nik grumbles to himself.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I walk past Davina's room hearing commotion coming from inside. Shrugging my shoulders I go to enter my room when I hear Marcel call out for Davina with concern.

I quickly burst in Nik following close behind me, my eyes blinking in shock seeing Davina cough up dirt.

Nik instantly complains, "What's with all the racket?" He then stops, "Bloody hell."

I rub Davina's back gently, "It's alright sweetie, let it all out."

She pauses for a few seconds the entire house shaking dangerously, a crazy earthquake enveloping the French Quarter.

I glance at Marcel in complete and utter shock grabbing a sedative from the side injecting her with it.
Davina's eyes slowly shut, the earthquake rippling to a stop.