Chapter [5]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

I groan in annoyance hearing Rebekah and Klaus argue downstairs.

I make my way down hearing Klaus tell Rebekah, "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked my loving Danielle, who's carrying my child!"

I smile at his words, giving a small eye roll edging closer to the living room. 

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the fact that Danielle is carrying your hybrid bun in her oven," She retorts.

I chuckle walking into the living room beside Hayley.

"Us werewolves would like to know what the plan is," Hayley states her arms crossed over her chest.

I see Klaus smile, "Well, that depends what plan you mean, Love.....my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

Bekah scowls throwing a pencil at Klaus, but of course he catches it.

Sighing Hayley speaks up, "The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

Klaus smirks, "In the front, if we're being specific."

I elbow him in the stomach glaring, "What she's trying to say is that you two said you would get him back."

Hayley nods, "So is there a plan, or what?"

Klaus glances at me, "Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy.....he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly....."

He pauses to turn to Bekah, ".....Sister, please."

She rolls her eyes, "And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back."

Hayley stares at them incredulously, "That's....that's not the whole plan, is it?"

Rebekah scoffs, "Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical."