Chapter [85]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I cuddle Hope gently as she clings to my chest fiddling with my wedding band on my ring finger. I smile brightly stroking her thin strands of hair.

"Did you get it?" Nik asks.

I look up to see Hayley walking into the living room.

She nods, "Jack wrote down everything your father told him about the ancient werewolves. I've read it. I don't think there's anything in there that's gonna help us kill Lucien, though."

"I'll see for myself," Nik takes the book waiting for Hayley to leave, "You can go."

I roll my eyes repositioning Hope in my lap.

"How's Cami?" Hayley asks cooing at Hope.

"She's good," I let out a small smile, "I sent her to a safe house. She's gonna lay low for a while watching over Finn's casket.".

Nik peers over the diary he's starting flick though, "We can celebrate the survival of Cami another day. We're at war."

I sigh nodding to Hayley who silently leaves the room.

"Nik," I whisper standing up, "You need to calm down."

He rolls his eyes.

I approach him placing a hand on his shoulder, "We'll get Lucien. I know we will."

He takes a deep breathe, his hand clutching the top of mine.

"I know......"

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

"I'll draw Davina's spirit to a circle. As long as she's there, the Ancestors won't be able to torment her," Freya explains pouring salt in a circular motion, "With luck that will buy you some time to find a way to resurrect her, but I'll need to channel an Original if I'm going to sustain the spell."

Kol steps forward immediately, "Well, take me. Put me down for all I care, if it keeps her safe."

Freya shakes her head, "No, you've been marred by the Ancestors' magic, and Dani is the anchor to Finn so, Klaus, Elijah, rock, paper, scissors."

I blink a few times, bright flames rising up from all the candles upon the table.

"What's happening?" I ask stepping closer to Nik.