Chapter [1]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

3 months later

Hayley and I walk into Rousseau's bar taking a seat up at the counter.

Jane-Anne walks over to us smiling, "Third time in here this week."

I grin shrugging my shoulders, "I'm obsessed with the gumbo, Jane-Anne."

Jane-Anne smiles, "You know, ladies in the 9th ward say my sister, Sophie, bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish."

I smile, "They're not wrong. It tastes amazing."

Hayley then looks up drinking her bourbon, "We asked around the Quarter about our family....."

Jane-Anne nods, "And?"

Hayley sighs, "Nothing. Zero. I can't find a single person who remembers them."

Jane-Anne places an empty cup under the counter, "Because, Hayley, people like you and Danielle were run out of here years ago."

"What do you mean, people like us?" I ask putting my fork down.

Jane-Anne smiles warmly walking around the bar to stand next to Hayley and I.

She places a map between us, "In the bayou, they call the werewolves "Roux-Ga-Roux"," she points at a circle on the map, "You head out there, you'll find what you're looking for. Be careful. It's the last place you'd ever want to go."

Hayley nods grabbing the map turning to me, "We should go and check this out."

I unexpectedly feel nausea pitting in my stomach, "I'll meet you out in the car, I need to use the bathroom."

She nods walking out, "Don't take too long."

I quickly rush into the toilet falling to my knees proceeding to vomit the meal I had just eaten.

I lean back flushing the sick away, putting the seat down. Tears form in my eyes, strays dripping down my cheek.

"Why can't this go away," I mumble upset.

Standing in confusion I wash my hands, drying my watery eyes with some tissue walking back out into the bar.

"Everything alright?" Jane-Anne asks softly.

I nod heading towards the exit, "Yeah, just an upset stomach."

Her eyes offer a strange gaze.