Chapter [23]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

"They've gone to search for the moonstone," Hayley mumbles sitting next to me, "It's been too long."

"Hope nothing has gone wrong," I sigh my eyes glued on Genevieve preparing the spell.

Elijah lifts up his phone placing it on loud speaker, "Niklaus."

"Yes, brother, what is it?" Nik asks innocently.

Elijah sighs, "It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother."

I cut in, "They should have been back hours ago."

Elijah nods at us, "We need to find them."

Nik responds, "Well, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghai'd."

Elijah scoffs, "And you didn't feel the need to share this information?"

"It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution," Nik explains.

I roll my eyes.

"Do enlighten us."

"I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose," Nik informs us.

My eyes widen, "Marcel!"

Hayley speaks up with fear, "No, he'll kill them!"

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit," Nik states before hanging up.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Later that evening

I pace around the compound since Elijah left to assist Nik.

"Elijah should have called by now," Hayley states.

I nod in agreement.

Genevieve looks at me, "Worrying isn't going to help. You should sit down, try to keep calm."

I scoff, "What are you, now, magician slash zen-life-coach?"

Genevieve sighs, "The treatment of pregnant women has advanced remarkably since I was a nurse, but even I know high blood pressure is bad for you, and your baby."