Chapter [34]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I stand next to Nik looking into the cabin, unable to enter.

"We should get her to a hospital," Cami states obviously worried.

I nod, "I'll go get the car."

She smiles gratefully.

I walk over to the boot of my car, gasping in shock to no longer find Mikael there.

"Crap," I mumble turning to get Nik when Mikael appears in front of me.

"Now, I think it's time you and I had a little chat," he says grinning, snapping my neck roughly.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I wake up on the floor, to find Mikael feeding from some teens. Slowly, I stand up Mikael staring at me dropping a boys body to the ground.

"Good morning Danielle," He greets speeding over gripping his hand around my neck.

I start choking struggling to get him to release me.

He smiles dragging me into an abandoned warehouse, throwing me hard against the wall. I slam into it hitting my head hard spitting blood onto the floor next to us.

"Why do you hate him?" I ask boldly.

He smirks, "I didn't always hate him. When Klaus was born, I was overjoyed. I thought, "This one-- this one has the eyes of a warrior. He will be worthy." But, my hope was short-lived. And, when I found out that he wasn't really my son, my relief was Glorious. But, that passed with the knowledge that he was begat of a beast."

I scoff, "His mother's infidelity was not his fault!"

Mikael shakes his head growling at me, "Everything that followed was because of Niklaus' obsession with the wolves! He ventured out to watch them turn under the full moon, and he took my youngest son, Henrik. He was but a child, and he was torn apart."

I stand up facing him, "You and I both know that was an accident."

"An accident? AN ACCIDENT? HE MURDERED MY WIFE! HIS OWN MOTHER! Who sought to cleanse him of his beast-like nature! He betrayed me. He turned my entire family against me! And yet, you defend him?" He snarls, getting up into my face.

"I've tried to convince him that the bloodshed in your family does not have to be an endless cycle!" I yell, "And yet even after all these centuries on this earth, you still don't see that all this violence is pointless? Neither of you are the men you once were, everyone changes."