Chapter [42]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I join Rebekah and Nik walking past their portraits discussing their supposed long lost sister.

"There's not much to discuss, Elijah," Rebekah sighs, "She said she was Freya, and then she darted off into the night."

"And you believed her?" Elijah asks untrusting.

Rebekah runs her hand through her new black curly hair, "Well, I met the girl in a mystical loony-bin, she could be anyone telling any lie. But, she did seem... familiar, somehow."

Nik scoffs, "Then how is she still alive? A question, as ridiculous as its possible solutions, given this family's annoying predilection for cheating death."

I shake my head placing a hand on his shoulder, "Who knows, Nik. It sounds as though the greeting was brief."

Nik rolls his eyes, "Well, did you happen to ask, if by some similar miracle, our aunt Dahlia lives as well?"

Rebekah sighs shrugging her shoulders, "I barely had a chance to process-" 

"-Because on the list of obvious questions, it would be nice to know if the woman who placed a curse on the first-borns of this family is still breathing air," Nik grumbles pacing across the room.

Rebekah stops angrily turning to Nik, "Well, let me just turn back time and do it again to your liking, then!"

"Enough!" Elijah's voice booms through the phone, "Both of you. If she is who she says, we'll find out soon enough. For now, it remains imperative that no one learns of Hope's existence. This has been our salvation thus far."

"Unless Hayley's husband-to-be starts flapping his gums," Nik smiles, "Perhaps I should take preventative measures and separate him from his head?"

I groan, "Nik how many times have I told you, Jackson will not jeopardise the wedding nor will he blab about our secret."

Rebekah gasps in happiness and confusion, "Hayley's getting married?!"

I laugh, "Yes she is."

Rebekah jumps linking her arm with me, "Tell me everything. What else have I missed?"

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I follow Rebekah hearing her yell out for her brother.

"Nik?" Rebekah, "Nik!"

Nik storms out if the dining room over to Rebekah and I holding up his phone, "That was Aiden. Finn has Marcel."