Chapter [76]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

"I assure you, this is your Gaspar Cortez," Kol states circling the drop of blood over New Orleans.

I go to speak when I get a text from Cami.

Problem. Rousseau's.

I blink with worry catching Nik's eyes, "We need to go. It's Cami."

Elijah goes to intervene, "May I-"

Ignoring his warning I speed off to the bar, Nik beside me. We burst in to find a man hovering by Cami and Vincent.

"Cortez!" Nik yells slowly approaching him.

I silently follow behind him.

Nik spreads his arms, "Welcome to New Orleans. Long time no see. You've come all this way. You must be tired. Please, allow me the courtesy of putting you to rest."

"Klaus....." Cami whispers in fear.

I look over to see three men holding knives to three others throats.

"Make a move, Niklaus, and everyone here will die," Cortez flicks his eyes over to me, "Same goes for Danielle....Or... You can both wait for us all to learn the whereabouts of the white oak. Choice is yours. Either way, I win."

I narrow my eyes angrily at Cortez.

"So here's how this works," Cortez smiles, "Everyone lives....once you let me leave."

I scoff, "You can't expect us to let you live, knowing your intention lies with white oak."

"It's a shame how some vampires grow so dim with age," Nik grins smugly, "Killing you will be a mercy."

Cortez shrugs, "Kill me, and this quaint eatery turns into a slaughterhouse, shining a light on your towns more repulsive activities."

"You know....I really liked Belaga," Nik murmurs glancing at me with a small nod.

Quickly I rush over pulling two men away slamming them into the wall, accidently breaking their necks.

"No!" I hear Cami yell out.

I look back up to see Nik snapping the other man's neck, after penetrating a stake into Cortez's chest.

Cami runs over biting her wrist placing it to the man's mouth,  "You'll be okay. Just drink this."

I bend down reaching for Cami's shoulder, "Cami.....that won't help. They're gone. I'm sorry."