Chapter [36]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I walk inside Elijah's room, to find Nik groaning in pain. Confused I speed over and pull him off Elijah.

"What are you doing?" I ask angrily when I see blood on Nik's face.

Nik glances at me startled breathing heavily, standing up wiping away the blood from his nose.

"I'm trying to enter Elijah's thoughts to wake him," Nik explains to me.

Hayley walks into the room, listening to Nik carefully.

"Esther's locked me out."

I lean over Elijah and notice a petal-shaped sound on his neck. Hayley moves over and does the same.

"Is this rash a side effect of the witchy acid trip he's on?" Hayley asks sarcastically.

Nik frowns at Hayley as I sigh in response.

I watch as Nik examines Elijah's wound again, "I haven't seen this since I was a child. Mikael would return home from battle more blindly temperamental than usual, and our mother would use the petals of a rare merlock orchid to put him to sleep. She would mend his mind with a spell, and then wake him with the roots of the same plant."

He turns to Hayley and I, "If she has access to it now, then maybe it also grows in the Bayou. You both stay here with your wolves and mind the fort."

I see Hayley roll her eyes, "I'd rather rip your mother's head off."

Nik faces her with a serious expression, "Stay clear of her. I mean it, Hayley. She already got to you once. Not to mention Danielle as well. What would happen if Elijah were to wake and find you a victim of her madness?"

Hayley shifts slightly, "I won't go after her. I promise."

Nik then looks over at me.

"Neither will I."

Nik sighs quickly walking out of the room.

I watch as Hayley turns to Elijah whispering to him.

"I've learned a few things from your mother. I won't go after her. I'll go after everything that she loves."

She stands up and turns to me.

"You wanna take down Finn Mikaelson?" She asks.