Chapter [70]

Danielle's PoV

"I can't believe Cami would just steal it," I complain walking with Nik into the cemetery, "She knows how dangerous it is."

"She's using it as leverage to get back these," Nik explains holding up the briefcase full of dark objects.

I shake my head, "You don't honestly believe they will accept half of what they asked for, do you?"

We turn a corner to find Vincent leaning against a wall of one of the tombs.

"Ah Vincent," Nik greets, "I should have known Camille would seek powerful fools to aid in this rather futile gambit. As I send you off to join your Ancestors, just know this is her fault."

Nik rushes forward to attack Vincent when he hits an individual boundary.

"I was hoping for a simple trade, but seeing as how everything you took can't possibly fit in that briefcase, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that "simple" ain't exactly your style."

Nik glares coldly, "Why don't you take down this barrier? I'll show you precisely what my style entails."

I sigh at the men watching Cami walk out.

"Seriously?" Cami questions in annoyance, "I have an ancient, mystical weapon of doom, and instead of agreeing to my very fair trade, you're making threats."

"There she is! Traitor to my family, thief of that which is mine."

Cami rolls her eyes, "Don't be dramatic. Like I said, I wanted your attention. And, seeing as you're here, I'd say I got it."

I step forward, "Yes, a rather effective tactic.....one I usually reserve for enemies. And here, I thought we were friends."

"We are," Cami smiles, "But friendships are built on trust and equality, and we don't have either if you're confiscating my stuff."

Nik scoffs, "And so your response is to steal what's mine in an attempt to bend my will to yours."

"I just want back what you took," She expresses pointing down at the briefcase, "What, that's like, a third of them? So, would you like a third of the white oak?"

I cross my arms angrily, "Are you really gonna do this?"

Vincent looks between all of us, "Okay, listen.....I'm gonna leave you three alone. But, uh, y'all want my advice? Y'all best to finish this up before someone finds out what she took."