Chapter [15]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I walk downstairs into the courtyard to find Elijah, Nik and Marcel hovering over a dead body.

Elijah crouches down to examine the corpse.

"Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass? A pipe, perhaps?" Nik states sarcastically.

I roll my eyes standing next to Nik.

"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah asks.

Marcel sighs, "Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep."

Elijah nods grimly, "It's rather a large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?"

"Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well. If he was supposed to be the prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" Nik questions.

Rebekah enters the compound, "Well, don't you look cheery. Listen to this-- A girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving a tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux."

"What?" I blink in confusion.

Rebekah shrugs, "The tourists thought it was part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle."

Marcel agrees, "Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost, but now suddenly a Harvest girl is resurrected. This is how we're gonna get Davina back.......kill the witch who took her place."

Hayley walks over to me.

I grin, "Hayley has a theory of who one of them could be, don't you?"

She nods smiling, "Celeste. I mean, it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us, she was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil is coming."

Nik laughs turning to Elijah, "First, Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores, now your murdered lover is back. This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us."

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Later that day

Hayley and I arrive at the Mikaelson mansion on the plantation with Rebekah.

I go to open the front door when Rebekah speaks up.