Chapter [47]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

My ears flicker at a sudden commotion occuring outside the door to Hope's nursery.

I instantly smell blood before bursting into the nursery.

"Rebekah!" I calmly call out, "What are you doing?"

I look to the ground seeing the dead werewolf, "Stay away from her!"

I speed forward gripping who I now thought was Eva by the arm, roughly slamming her head into a nearby dresser.

I take my opportunity to scoop Hope up only to thrown across the room by magic falling into the wall in the bedroom.

"Rebekah! What are you doing?" Nik growls angrily.

I leap from my spot rushing to save Hope. Tingling and stabbing overwhelms my head, the pain causing me to scream out.

I manage to grip my hand around Eva's throat, Nik clawing her thigh deeply.

"Ahhh!" She cries out in agony, releasing the spell jumping out the window.

I lean up against the crib to see Hope layinn calmly under her blue blanket.

Nik leans forward wrapping an arm around my waist, the two of us sharing a glance.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I stand by the window, hesitantly surveying the surroundings.

Nik pulls out a pair of manacles that prevent witches from using magic, "I should really stop packing these away. There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling."

I roll my eyes watching him dump them into Marcel's hands.

"Find Rebekah....or Eva, or whoever the bloody hell that was.....use these to stop her from doing magic. And don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister," Nik instructs.

Marcel offers a worried expression, "Alright, I won't be the only one looking for her. She killed witch-kids. The twenty-four hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree to? Ended at midnight. Every witch in the city is gonna be gunning for her."

Hayley crosses her arms next to Marcel.

"Hayley, go to Elijah. Get him to charm his elderly witch into calling off the hunt."

She shakes her head, "What about Hope?"

"Jackson has been working night and day to secure this compound, surrounding it with his werewolf army. Not to mention the fact that Danielle and I are here. The best way to protect Hope is to get Rebekah out of that serial killer's body and back into the original model."