Chapter [20]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

A week later

I gently rub my incredible large bump walking out onto the porch finding Hayley and Eve sat drinking tea.

"Mind if I join you?" I ask.

They smile warmly.

I awkwardly sit beside them watching all the people who have turned up over the last few days. 

Hayley looks at them too, "You've gotta be kidding me. Seriously, what is going on?"

I nod, "Who are all these people? Why are they standing out here all weird and lurk-y?"

Eve smiles, "They've come from all over. All the packs."

I glance at her, "Why? To see a baby that isn't even born yet?"

Ollie appears beside us, "Forget the baby."

I glare at him.

He turns to Hayley, "These freaks, they come here to see you. You know, given the place your parents held in pack hierarchy, maybe they think you're gonna be the long-lost werewolf messiah or something, Danielle would be the princess of the pack, being your younger sister."

I sigh.

Hayley does too, "Great. No pressure or anything."

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

An hour later

Elijah meets with Jackson, Oliver, Hayley and I, since we represent the Crescent wolves.

"Your people are uniquely poised to set an example for the rest of the French Quarter. Which is why it's important for the wolves to attend."

I scoff thinking about how that went last time, "Thanks, but no thanks?"

Oliver sighs, "Let's hear the man out."

I glare at him, "The witches are the ones that cursed the pack. And they've been nothing but crap to me since I first came to town."

Hayley places her hand on my shoulder, turning to Elijah.

"No. We're not going."

Jackson then speaks up, glancing at Hayley and I, "It's a new day in the Quarter, Hayley. I agree with Oliver. If we're gonna coexist, we have to play ball. We'll send a representative with a gift."