Chapter [7]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

I sit down in a chair next to the fire glaring coldly at Sophie, who Nik shoves onto the sofa.

"We had a deal! You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Danielle, along with Hayley, to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches," He yells at her beyond pissed.

Sophie panics her eyes widening, "I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Danielle and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die."

Rebekah looks confused, "Then who were they?"

"They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby," Sophie admits.

I give her a look, "What kind of vision?"

Sophie finally glances at me, "She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

I feel my eyes glow slightly, "And, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?"

Everyone looks at me while I narrow my eyes at Sophie.

Sophie hesitantly mutters, "...Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

I frown, while Nik smiles like a maniac, "Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second."

Rebekah speaks up, "Sophie, look....I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

Sophie turns to her in shock, "Elijah's talking to Davina?"

"Yeah. As we speak, I imagine," Rebekah states rolling her eyes.

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd," Sophie grumbles.

Nik looks at her with intrigue, "Do tell."

Sophie sighs, "I... wasn't always an advocate for the witches."

I roll my eyes, "Why doesn't that surprise me."

She ignores me, "My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned twenty-one, I left the Quarter to travel... and play. But, I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's....."