Wine & Secrets

You wondered why you cared so much. Sure - you would feel angry to find out that Levi had potentially used you to cheat on his significant other. But, this sensation in your heart felt more than that. It was extreme; excruciating; heart-wrenching.

You slowly sunk your head to glare at the floor, able to hear the music of the town from the distance: you were drawing closer.

Levi, noticing, turned his head across his broad shoulder to face you, "Where do you want to go first?" He suddenly stopped, pursing his lips tightly together, "What's wrong?"

"What?"

"I have I done anything wrong? What's the matter with you?"

"I'm completely fine." You forced yourself to bear a grin, beginning to quicken your pace in hopes of finding a distraction in the town, "I was just day-dreaming: but, I promise you that I'm okay. I don't mind where we go - you know this place more than I do."

Levi did not respond. He stayed in silence; his squinting eyes attempted to analyse your expression.

Despite not believing you, he decided to drop the conversation and suggested: "I'll buy drinks. We can sit beside the canal - it's a pretty view."

You smiled at him, "Yeah, that sounds nice."

Whilst you comfortably perched your body against a short, brick, half-wall along the side of the canal, Levi informed you that he was going to buy you something to drink. He ordered for you to wait patiently for him.

Whilst he entered an old-fashioned pub down the side of the street, you tilted your head upwards to stare at the stars. The ebony sky was clear.

You gazed into the distance, able to see the the clear canal - thin boats slowly graced through the water. Calm waves washed against the pathways beside the water, and you could hear the calming sound of the  water from afar. Your body was shivering beneath the cold moonlight. The moon shon silver-coloured rays onto you.

You adored the pretty views that Paradis offered you.

Levi began to leave the pub with a bottle in his hand, exhaling a slow sigh. His eyes narrowed onto his surroundings, attempting to find you in the midst of the crowds during the busy night. He brushed his fingers through his ebony hair whilst cupping his hands around his eyes. Then, finally, his gaze narrowed down onto you.

His expression eased.

Your face, your body, your skin: was completely illuminated by the bright, silver rays of the moonlight that cascaded shadows onto you. Your expression had softened as you calmly gazed at the clear sky. A warm smile was staining your lips; Levi had never been quite as mesmerised.

Levi's figure was still. His eyes were glued onto you, physically unable to look away - even for a moment.

After one minute, he began to grind his teeth together whilst ordering himself to get a grip. Shaking his head, he began to slowly wander forwards, however, he was caught off-guard whilst he watched a tall, physically-attractive man walk in your direction.

You turned your gaze away from the view, witnessing a tall silhouette loom closer towards you. A brunette man with kind, gentle eyes smiled at you warmly.

The man parted his lips to speak in a deep, comforting tone: "Hey there, I don't believe that we've met before. I don't recognise your face - are you new around here?"